Need Assistance with Texting Issue

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have an unlocked H815 that I've had for about 10 days. I'm having two recurring problems with texting.

1) I can't get the stock app to support group texting. When I reply or receive a reply to a group text, it is always an individual response rather than to the full group. I can't find a solution within the settings.

2) Some of my contacts cannot be found from within the messaging app. If I attempt to start a new text and look for a certain contact, it will not show up. However, if I go to the contacts app and look for the exact same contact I looked for in the texting app, I can find it and initiate a text.

I installed Textra and made it the default app. Textra solved the first problem, but not the second one.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It works the same for me. I think you just have to initiate texting a new contact from the Contacts app then they always show up in Textra unless you delete them.

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It works the same for me. I think you just have to initiate texting a new contact from the Contacts app then they always show up in Textra unless you delete them.

Hey, thanks for the advice. I have noticed, however, that after I initiate the text within contacts, the texting thread shows up in Textra. Even though the thread is visible in Textra, Textra still doesn't "see" that contact, meaning I can't start a new thread within Textra for this same contact. I think that is pretty weird. What am I not understanding or doing?

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, that's the same here. I just keep texting in the same "thread". You could email the Textra dev - he does a lot of updates and might be able to advise or incorporate a new thread capability as a new feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol