Root VX10b-EUR-XX

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I just want confirmation that I can root my G4 with the low effort way, my phone is still running VX10b-EUR-XX
So is it ok to use the 10c file to root it?
I will root it right away if its all good.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I just want confirmation that I can root my G4 with the low effort way, my phone is still running VX10b-EUR-XX
So is it ok to use the 10c file to root it?
I will root it right away if its all good.

No, you need to use 10b. Most likely get a security error if you use 10c. You can inject your own root into 10b though. That method is on XDA as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
No, you need to use 10b. Most likely get a security error if you use 10c. You can inject your own root into 10b though. That method is on XDA as well.

There is no 10b file to download, there is also two videos on YT and both people said they had 10b and used 10c with no problems.
Anyone else have input on this issue?

Or if anyone knows the link to inject root into my 10b image that would be great.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no 10b file to download, there is also two videos on YT and both people said they had 10b and used 10c with no problems.
Anyone else have input on this issue?

Or if anyone knows the link to inject root into my 10b image that would be great.

Well if 2 people on YT did it then by all means...

Here's the link to injecting root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3180586

Requires Linux.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
And not all the rooted system images may be in the first post. There are countless people that uploaded their images in the thread.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well if 2 people on YT did it then by all means...

Here's the link to injecting root: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3180586

Requires Linux.

Thanks for the link, I managed to find it before I saw your post.

Here is one of the links to do this method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEbhWWQ4NM

The other one is rootjunkys

This the root method without bootloader unlocking.

I don't know if there is a difference between the version I have which is VX10b-EUR-XX and the one rootjunky had which was V10b-EUR-XX

Either way they both say its ok to use the 10c file for the 10b version, its just an update.
I just wanted to make sure before I do it.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the link, I managed to find it before I saw your post.

Here is one of the links to do this method.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEbhWWQ4NM

The other one is rootjunkys

This the root method without bootloader unlocking.

I don't know if there is a difference between the version I have which is VX10b-EUR-XX and the one rootjunky had which was V10b-EUR-XX

Either way they both say its ok to use the 10c file for the 10b version, its just an update.
I just wanted to make sure before I do it.

Well once the phone is released, everything is basically just an update. There were reports of security errors and losing ex-fat support by using a version that the phone wasn't currently on. YMMV.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the input.

So if anyone got their G4 from AC and it was the VX10b-EUR-XX version and you rooted it without unlocking the BL please confirm it works with 10c and I may continue so I can root it.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
You will need to flash the full KDZ 10c first, or you will have issues (SD card not working, etc). You can root any version by injecting root. You do need Linux though. Flashing a system image with a different version will cause issues (eg: flashing a rooted 10c system image on a phone running 10b).

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
If anyone hasn't found a rooted system image for their phone available, pull your own image and upload it somewhere and I'll inject root for you. I have Ubuntu.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If anyone hasn't found a rooted system image for their phone available, pull your own image and upload it somewhere and I'll inject root for you. I have Ubuntu.

Very nice offer. I might take you up on it when I get notified for ZV6 on Sprint. My Ubuntu on my VM is a problem child.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You will need to flash the full KDZ 10c first, or you will have issues (SD card not working, etc). You can root any version by injecting root. You do need Linux though. Flashing a system image with a different version will cause issues (eg: flashing a rooted 10c system image on a phone running 10b).

I managed to root it and used version 10c with no issues or without flashing 10c kdz first other than the sd card not being formatted. Once I reformatted it was all good. I had removed the sd card before rooting just in case.

I also installed xposed with flashfire and also did the camera 60FPS mod.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I managed to root it and used version 10c with no issues or without flashing10c kdz first other than the sd card not being formatted. Once I reformatted it was all good. I had removed the sd card before rooting just in case.

I also installed xposed with flashfire and also did the camera 60FPS mod.
Nice! Did xposed slow it down at all?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I like reading about rooting and all you guys/gals go through but just thinking about going through it myself .....*sigh*.....becomes such a drag!! Been there, done that. What I'm trying to say is I'm happy and glad when you guys have success!!.....lol! :)

gpo1956

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I did the Jailbreak on the iPhone, rooted HTC One, Samsung S4, OnePlus One and Experia Z3, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the method to rooting the G4. The different threads/videos are pretty convaluted and contradictory. I think I would have been alre=ight if I had rooted before the H81010l update.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I did the Jailbreak on the iPhone, rooted HTC One, Samsung S4, OnePlus One and Experia Z3, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out the method to rooting the G4. The different threads/videos are pretty convaluted and contradictory. I think I would have been alre=ight if I had rooted before the H81010l update.
It's not that hard once you look into it. The only thing is that if there isn't already a rooted system image available for your model/software version, then it's a bit harder, because you need Linux to inject the root yourself.

I did my own in about 20 mins.
Put my phone into download/send command mode, then dumped my system image onto my internal memory using ADB and Windows.
Opened up a VM and Ubuntu.
Copied my dumped system.img onto my comp.
Injected the root files (5 mins with 2 simple commands).
Copied the rooted system image back on my internal memory.
Rebooted to download/send command mode.
Flashed it via ADB in Windows (about 10 mins).
Done! Rooted and didn't have to factory reset.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
It's not that hard once you look into it. The only thing is that if there isn't already a rooted system image available for your model/software version, then it's a bit harder, because you need Linux to inject the root yourself.

I did my own in about 20 mins.
Put my phone into download/send command mode, then dumped my system image onto my internal memory using ADB and Windows.
Opened up a VM and Ubuntu.
Copied my dumped system.img onto my comp.
Injected the root files (5 mins with 2 simple commands).
Copied the rooted system image back on my internal memory.
Rebooted to download/send command mode.
Flashed it via ADB in Windows (about 10 mins).
Done! Rooted and didn't have to factory reset.

Sounds like a longer process with more ways to mess up, for those who never rooted.
The Low Effort Tool is easy but just looks hard.
Glad to see you rooted.

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Use the Low Effort Tool, if your image file is there then you are all good.
This is the video I ended up using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdEbhWWQ4NM
This is another one but he doesn't do that good of a job with the details. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZM-zTi3eAA

Pay attention to the instructions where it says to go to the other page and do 1,2,3,6,7,8, and 9! Notice there is no 4 and 5.
People are getting boot loops and security errors because they are doing steps 4 and 5.
You will have a rooted G4 in no time at all once you know what to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance