I'm having problems sending txt messages. They will sit in their bubble saying sending for what seems like hours. (Not really) No matter the signal or where I'm at. I believe this must be a Verizon problem not an LG problem. Any ideas.. BTW my wife and daughter have iPhones and don't have this problem.. With Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 10:40 AM
    Since they have iPhones, are they sending text message or imessage? That could be the difference you are seeing.

Does every text you send have this issue? I will randomly get the sending message on Sprint if I'm in a bad reception area but it definitely isn't with every text.
    09-24-2015 11:10 AM
    Are you using Hangouts, the stock text app or something else?

I have hangouts and have no delay.
    I also use Verizon
    09-24-2015 11:26 AM
    I only see this happen occasionally when I'm on wifi. I'd try a different texting app, just as a test. People here seem to pretty happy with Textra.

Out of curiosity, does the same thing happen when you try to send emails?
    09-24-2015 11:50 AM
    WiFi seems to play a part

I didn't think about imessage that's the issue with my wife.

And no matter what my signal strength is I have this problem

I am using the stock texting app

09-24-2015 03:48 PM
    No problem with emails

09-24-2015 03:49 PM
    If you're on wifi, your phone's signal strength is irrelevant. It's going to use the wifi connection. And, if your wifi is comcast, you might want to try downloading a free app called DNSET. It's resolved some spotty wifi for me and others using comcast. If that's your wifi provider, this will probably fix your problem.

Two things you could try:

1. Turn off wifi on your phone and see if the problem goes away.
    2. Try another texting app like Textra. I'm not pimping them, I actually use Google Voice for all my texting (because I ported my original cell phone number over to them), but I'm always reading how much everyone loves it.
    09-24-2015 04:22 PM
    Tried textra for the last few hours and it seems to work

09-24-2015 06:42 PM
    I've got several group txts that aren't working with txtra. Back to oem

09-27-2015 09:54 PM
    Several years of Android and textra, and I am having a high number off them not getting to me the last three days.....really weird.
    Apn is unchanged and correct

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    09-28-2015 01:55 PM
    I was having similar issues before I sent mine in for a replacement. Then it turned into only not sending when trying to send pictures that I took with the phone (any other type of photo I could send), regardless of app.

I did a factory reset and only imported/restored phone numbers. Everything else I started from scratch - it's been about three weeks now and it has been working flawlessly. So apparently it was a setting I had changed? Not sure.
    09-28-2015 03:25 PM
    Here's the funny thing about the stock texting app when I did a group text I didn't have a problem it was a single text to a single person that was causing the issues group text seem to go through with no problem at all

09-28-2015 09:07 PM
    When I recover my old text messages, the stock app crashes due to all the notifications from past texts received. Thus, I temporarily used Textra just to mark all SMS and MMS as read, before going back to the stock app.
    09-29-2015 07:34 PM
    So much of texting on android is a IOS vs android issue. Many in my family have IPhones and it was work to get them over to a compatible texting app like Telegram. Once all were on Telegram we had no problems or issues. For those friends who don't want to switch over to Telegram the key is for them to tell you (IOS to tell Android) what the color of their bubble is on IOS messages. They need to delete your old information until you (Android) are green on their (IOS) messages app. This issue is a huge issue. Telegram is a perfect solution if everyone buys into the ecosystem.
    09-30-2015 07:12 AM
    Since I've moved back to stock app I've noticed something else. I'd I send a group message I don't have the lag and if its a mms it sends immediately. It's only when I send a simple txt message that I get the lag. Are group txts a mms and does mms not use cellular rather lte

10-01-2015 09:07 AM