I'm convinced T-Mobiles network is destroying my battery life. Every time I receive even a basic text message, the phone splits the message and downloads data from the server in two pieces. First it recognizes there's an incoming message and prompts a notification.. Then it starts to download the actual content of the message, and when it's finished it prompts another notification (both sound and vibrate). This issue occurred on both G4s I've had. I've been over the issue multiple times with T-Mobile and they have no idea how to fix it. They keep telling me to get a new sim card, which I do, and it changes absolutely nothing. Anyone having the same issue?

Messaging is arguably the most important feature of a smart phone.. Google's inability to figure out how to make Hangouts work for SMS/MMS on Android phones is honestly pathetic. T-Mobiles inability to have a flagship phone be able to receive messages properly is even more pathetic. There are so many benefits to Android over iPhone but this has me seriously wondering

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-29-2015 04:37 PM
    What do you mean that Hangouts doesn't work for SMS/MMS? I use it everyday.
    09-29-2015 05:04 PM
    What do you mean that Hangouts doesn't work for SMS/MMS? I use it everyday.
    It doesn't work with T-Mobile WiFi texting/calling. The app is also unusable on my phone since they updated it to the new UI. Like 100% unusable... It crashes when I select an MMS thread, and it lags uncontrollably. I've tried it with 2 different G4s. If I uninstall the updates, the stock version works fine (still can't WiFi text though). I don't think I should have to use a version of the app that's completely outdated in order for it to work especially since it's developer is the same dev that makes the Android OS..

09-29-2015 05:57 PM
    It doesn't work with T-Mobile WiFi texting/calling. The app is also unusable on my phone since they updated it to the new UI. Like 100% unusable... It crashes when I select an MMS thread, and it lags uncontrollably. I've tried it with 2 different G4s. If I uninstall the updates, the stock version works fine (still can't WiFi text though). I don't think I should have to use a version of the app that's completely outdated in order for it to work especially since it's developer is the same dev that makes the Android OS..

That seems odd that it would lag only with the latest versions. I haven't seen that at all. Really weird.
    09-29-2015 06:15 PM
    I have t mobile g4 and I never had this problem. Iam not understanding it

09-29-2015 06:36 PM
    I'll try and take a video from my S6 of how it happens. I've never seen it happen on any other phone either
    09-29-2015 11:20 PM
    Here's a video of it happening. You'll need to turn your speakers up to hear the initial vibrate, but the phone vibrates upon recognizing an incoming message, begins to download the message, then the message actually pulls through. In some instances, the message doesn't pull all the way through and I get a "download" box in place of the message that when clicked doesn't do anything. This happens with both SMS and MMS
    09-30-2015 04:09 PM
    09-30-2015 04:09 PM
    fixed video
    10-01-2015 12:59 PM