gmail attachment goes to Music player?

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
A minor issue, for sure, but one I can't figure out: when composing a gmail, when I go to attach a file I'm given a choice between a Drive document or a file from the phone... when I choose to attach a file from the phone, it brings up my music app file manager (not the normal file manager) and will just let me choose music.

Any thoughts?

I haven't set the Music app as the default for anything (I've checked).

This is, as I said, a minor issue as I can either a) share a file into gmail, or b) upload a file to Drive and then attach the Drive file.

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Must be a glitch in your phone or a carrier thing. I have Verizon & have a choice of probably anything you could possibly attach (sounds, pictures or docs). Is on both emails (gmail, stock email) & texts.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
OK - that was an odd one.

I had Andmade Share as the default attachment handler. Within Andmade Share I had disabled things like file managers and gallery tools... so the system latched onto the only app left (from the lust of apps that can be used to "share") that could let me choose files: my music app.

By resetting all defaults, I then let gmail choose between Android System and Andmade Share; Android System did what I wanted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power