So my LG G4 Died out of nowhere...

AlwaysSmile

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
... I had my LG G4 in my hand look at my notifications put it back into my pouch holder took it back out just a few seconds later because I got another notification (busy person huh? Lol no!) And there was sitting the beautiful LG life's good logo...
At first I thought OK this is just a reboot and will be back on in just a minute well that was the longest "minute" in my life... Since then my phone just loved showing off its OEM Logo 3 times I was able to take a glance at the inside of my phone before crashing again...
So I published here my problem that it's in bootloop and I need help, before I continue I would like to get this out of the way, my phone is stock just like I took out of the box the day it was released no custom roms or root, now lets continue, so I tried flashing the latest KDZ around 3 times while wiping it in the process but no luck so I tried connecting it to LG Bridge and ran recovery thing which normally after that it should be as brand new but guess what my phone decided to show off its OEM Logo and not the actual home screen! So after trying this and that and this my phone was pronounced DOA (Dead On Arrival)! Called up T-Mobile And they were kind enough to send me out a new device free of charge with overnight shipping (Thanks John Legere) and should be arriving tomorrow!!! I hope this new device won't die in me again for no apparent reason!

Posted via the Android Central App

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
AlwaysSmile, this happened to me today. I was playing the music from my phone through my car and then it decided to reboot. It rebooted three times before it gave up the ghost. Wouldn't come on but one more time, which was when I took it to the verizon store. The lady kept asking me if I dropped it. Dropped it? I beloved LG G4? Heavens no, lady!!! It stayed in my hand, in it's shock-absorption case, and space made screen protector that they sold me. She claims that there was a scratch on the screen protector and then claims there is a crack in the BACK of the screen. Now how would she know there is a crack BEHIND the screen? Anyway, they are sending me a new one, but they arent' overnighting mine. (I gets no love)

I hope the next one isn't a dud

Virgil52

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me as well last week. It was frustrating, especially since it happened on a Saturday so my overnight shipping was here by Tuesday. Can't win on a weekend though. I'm on verizon, I was wondering how many others had the same issue. I kept my phone clean, no drops.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow I see a lot of people with this problem. I'm affected as well, AT&T sending me a new unit which should arrive in 1 or 2 days. Surviving with my Galaxy S4 meanwhile.

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Just happened to mine also replacement will be here in two days. I truly hope the new one is better because up until now I hate this phone

noah collins1

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
I've had my G4 for almost three months and it's turning itself off, turning on to the LG Life's Good screen and back off and back on to this screen 5-6 times until the ATT screen comes on and I can use my phone for about 6 minutes before it repeats the process. I haven't tried a factory reset yet, would that possibly work and would ATT still be able to send me a new phone?

IrieBro

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat. This is an alarming trend. I think it has something to do with quick charge. I hope I am wrong. Replacement due tomorrow. Betcha it is a refurb. I tried EVERYTHING. Longer posts on XDA.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat. This is an alarming trend. I think it has something to do with quick charge. I hope I am wrong. Replacement due tomorrow. Betcha it is a refurb. I tried EVERYTHING. Longer posts on XDA.

There's no way all of these units are failing at the same time due to hardware. Seems more like an update would cause the frequency we're hearing about.

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
If it helps, I did receive a new unit from AT&T not a refurbish. Yet, I totally understand the frustration and specially lack of communications from LG.

I highly believe this to be a mix of software and hardware issues. My father has a LG G4 bought 2 days after mine and his is working great.

henkemann

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
That's just what's happened to me last week. The main circuit board had to be changed and the refurbished one works perfectly. Hopefully it was not a software patch that caused this.

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. One minute I'm sitting in the airport getting on a crazy early flight and my music just stops. Pull out the phone and its rebooting. UGH. LG - Life is good (not!) screen over and over again. The buttons don't respond at all. Battery pull and leave it out for 2 1/2 hrs on the flight. Once I land no change - thank goodness I brought another phone with me (Sony Z2 since it's waterproof and one of the days I was going to be by the ocean). Call T-Mobile (after seeing on multiple websites & forums that i'm not alone). They agree to do a warranty exchange in store the next day (mark up my account with instructions). Find a store in Miami Beach that is open at 8 am. Guess what - they won't do the exchange (offered a few other options but nothing worthwhile). Call 611 again and order the warranty exchange to be delivered to my house - they did overnight shipping. Got the replacement device yesterday and all seems good - of course my original one was fine too before this nonsense started.

I am already looking for the next device - probably the Nexus 6P...

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My G4 just died also. :(

Was on a phone call. After I hung up, the phone rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop. Tried everything to save it. Took out battery, sim, sd card, factory reset but the phone was never able to boot. VZW is sending me a replacement but I think that Nexus 6p is looking real nice.

Manulous

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Same thing just happened to me 2 days ago. Opened Candy Crush Soda Saga and after starting a level, it rebooted. It was stuck in a boot loop until I pulled the battery. Could not boot to safe or recovery mode. Removing the SD Card did nothing.

After a visit to a somewhat nearby AT&T Warranty center, they are shipping me a replacement. Hopefully, I don't receive a refurbished LG G4...

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My G4 just died also. :(

Was on a phone call. After I hung up, the phone rebooted and got stuck in a boot loop. Tried everything to save it. Took out battery, sim, sd card, factory reset but the phone was never able to boot. VZW is sending me a replacement but I think that Nexus 6p is looking real nice.

Interesting they were so quick to send you out a new phone without any hassle. It must be an existing problems and I agree with what other posters have said - likely a hardware/software problem triggered by an update. My T-Mobile version still going strong (knock wood!).

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Interesting they were so quick to send you out a new phone without any hassle. It must be an existing problems and I agree with what other posters have said - likely a hardware/software problem triggered by an update. My T-Mobile version still going strong (knock wood!).

Depends who you call as normal people will call Verizon Wireless customer service first and then basically go through customer service first then level 1 tech support or level 1 tech support directly who will then troubleshoot and then transfer you to level 2 tech support who can send out phones. If you called Level 2 Tech Support directly, they will send out a phone within a few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol