How to charge a 2nd battery?

Bluelimes

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm about to pick up an LG G4 and in all the review videos, people say to have a 2nd battery ready to throw in since the phone has a removable back. What I'm wondering is how do they charge the 2nd battery. Do you need to open up the phone and switch the batteries out frequently to charge up the 2nd one? That would get very tedious and annoying. If there's something I'm missing, please fill me in! Thanks

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well if you need a spare battery charger I can give you one. I recently switched from the G4 to a Note 5 so I have some extra stuff left over. Just let me know.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I offered it to the OP so I feel I should let him respond. But if I don't hear anything by tomorrow you can have it. I'm not using it so why not let you put it to good use. I've got a case, extra battery, charging dock and wireless charging sticker( I couldn't get it to work though) that I'll through in the box too.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Well if you need a spare battery charger I can give you one. I recently switched from the G4 to a Note 5 so I have some extra stuff left over. Just let me know.
Are you glad you switched to Note 5? I went in planning to buy Note 5, but ended up walking out with G4... My 14 day return window is up tomorrow and I'm struggling to decide whether I want to keep the G4 or exchange for Note 5.... One main question is battery... Looks like they have the same battery size, but that doesn't necessarily mean much.. Do you notice the Note 5 battery life is significantly different from G4? Any other notable opinions between the two?
Thanks!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well so far I'm happy with the Note 5 but I've only had it for a couple of weeks so I really can't say if it will stand up over time. I loved the G4 but in the end the lag killed for me. The funny thing is that it's probably has more to do with how I use my phone and the apps than the G4 itself. It's been happening for me the last couple of years. Phones start off great but after a month or two the lag shows up and gets progressively worse with time. It happened on my note 3, note 4 and G4. It will probably happen again on the Note 5 eventually. As far as battery life I'd say its about the same as the G4 for me but I'm not a good example since I'm on my phone a lot and have had to charge both of them multiple times a day. Honestly you can't go wrong with either phone and no matter which one you choose you will always be looking at the other one wondering what might have been. That's the problem with being a tech enthusiast, all the gadget lust.

AmousmosesMW

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. It doesn't help that my sister has the Note 5 and keeps raving about it. Goofy Salesman - why did he have to put the G4 bug in my ear when I went in to buy. 😉

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Funny. I came off of a LG Nexus 4 and then the LG G3. So I wanted to change it up.

I walked into the store believing I was going to get a Samsung and the sales guy steered me so I walked out with a g4.

Posted via the Android Central App