SwiftKey Neural [Alpha]

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you made the jump?

I figured I'd give it a try. So far it seems a bit more responsive than I remember SwiftKey being, but I also need to relearn the keyboard layout, as it's a bit different from Google Keyboard.

Right now I'm finding that you have to be super precise to get the word that you're wanting to swipe, which is a bit frustrating. And there are some words that it just will not swipe, you have to choose them from the three predictions at the top of the keyboard - which is equally as frustrating.

Hopefully it will get better, as I've only had it for a few hours.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried it for 5 minutes, and then went back to the original one. It doesn't support other languages right now, and since I type in at least two all day, switching keyboards every time is not ideal. Also, it feels slower when typing than SwiftKey Beta.

Although I do use SK Beta as my daily driver, I've also found that it's REALLY inaccurate when it comes to touch... the stock keyboard has better accuracy on the letters I try to type but doesn't do so well with some predictions and punctuation, which keeps bringing me back to SK. At least it'll (most of the time) correct the stuff it got wrong into a coherent word.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Have you made the jump?

I figured I'd give it a try. So far it seems a bit more responsive than I remember SwiftKey being, but I also need to relearn the keyboard layout, as it's a bit different from Google Keyboard.

Right now I'm finding that you have to be super precise to get the word that you're wanting to swipe, which is a bit frustrating. And there are some words that it just will not swipe, you have to choose them from the three predictions at the top of the keyboard - which is equally as frustrating.

Hopefully it will get better, as I've only had it for a few hours.

I'm a big SwiftKey fan. I was using it right up to switching to the Neural keyboard earlier today. I never swipe, so that's not an issue for me. I turn that functionality (and voice) off on the Input settings for the SwiftKeys.

It does seem pretty smooth to me. Feels lighter, if you know what I mean. Of course, it is lighter, so it should feel that way. I like that there's more to it settings wise than their earlier Greenhouse released Clarity keyboard. It will probably stick as my default keyboard for longer than I could handle Clarity.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Now, if they'd only release a keyboard with the BlackBerry style layout (as Fleksy has). The second row of alpha characters flush to the sides of the screen. Makes a huge difference to me when I've used Fleksy (I just miss a lot of other SwiftKey stuff and go back).

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've already switched back to Google Keyboard. The SK keyboard just wasn't as responsive or smooth, and it doesn't allow you to use the swipe feature from the lock screen like the GK does.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm liking the new SwiftKey. I thumb type on my Note 5 and the new one is what SwiftKey used to be. I haven't had any issues with it not being responsive.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay