Hi,

I tried to create groups on the native phone app on my LG G4. Although it allows me to create a new group, it only shows a single contact as an option for any new group. I have 1000+ contacts on the device, and the native Contacts app has them (when I click the Contacts tab, there they all are).

I was on an hour-long chat with t-mobile who kept telling me the steps for creating a group, which I know. Their final advice: hard reset. I just got the damn phone, so I'd like to avoid the stress of configuring 100+ apps, folders, contacts, etc.

FYI, I have one Exchange email account and a few gmail accounts, if that has any relevance.

Help! I just migrated from the Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon and I relied on groups a good amount.
    10-08-2015 06:21 PM
    Can you clarify--are you trying to create contact groups in the Contacts app, or the Phone/Dialer app? Since the Phone app is supposed to integrate what's in the Contacts app, you usually create groups in the Contacts app.
    10-08-2015 10:09 PM
    I have experienced the same thing and I don't have a good solution. I switched to Textra and it is better, but there are still some weird things going on with my contacts.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2015 11:07 PM
    B. Diddy - on the G4, Phone and Contacts are the same app. So, I go into Phone/Contacts, select Groups, and while it allows me to create a new group name, it only shows me 30 or so of my 1000+ contacts. Note that these contacts are ALL visible in the same stock Phone/Contacts app. When creating the group, I select "all accounts," so that's not the issue either.

One of my email accounts is an MS Exchange account, FYI. And while I use Textra, that app relies on groups made in the stock app, not from Textra (which can use but not create groups).
    10-26-2015 01:44 PM
    I use Textra as well, but while Textra allows the use of groups, it relies on the stock Phone/Contacts app to create those groups.
    10-26-2015 01:44 PM