Couple of "low timer" questions

androidvirg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'm newish to Android. Don't know how to root, etc. 2nd phone, stock T-Mobile LG G4.

1. Camera. It appears as though my camera in auto sees things much cooler than the real world. When I shoot with it on a nice sunny low light morning or evening when the colors are warm and popping (especially the fall reds, yellows, oranges), the screen and then the recorded pictures all look as though the source of light was a dull florescent office light instead of the sun. Any way to improve the auto setting? "Go to manual" is not the answer I'm looking for. I also get pictures rotating on me when downloaded to websites. A portrait pic when put to wallpaper will often show up rotated 90 left.

2. What's a simple way to move 8300 itunes songs off iMac to LG G4. Specifically to my installed 64 gig micro SD card. I had intermittent success with Airmore app. It was not reliable enough to be useful. Also, when I moved 50 photos off the LGG4 to the iMac, the Airmore app put them in a zip file that Stuffit Expander and Archive Utility couldn't open. What's the best/easiest way to move large and small files back and forth Android-iMac (video, pictures, docs)? I'd like to shoot some 4k video so the file sizes will be large. I like transferring wirelessly but will do it via USB cable if it's simpler.

Thanks and apologies in advance for most likely breaking forum rules. I read through a bunch of posts before punting.

androidvirg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Couple of "low timer" questions

One more... Normal call quality is great but tmobile visual voice mail voice mail messages sound really scratchy and garbled. I often can't make out what was said. Sometimes it freezes/stops mid message. Sometimes the app closes as well. 1st time having this problem. Any fixes for that?

-Fixed. Turned app off.

Last edited:

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I'm newish to Android. Don't know how to root, etc. 2nd phone, stock T-Mobile LG G4.

1. Camera. It appears as though my camera in auto sees things much cooler than the real world. When I shoot with it on a nice sunny low light morning or evening when the colors are warm and popping (especially the fall reds, yellows, oranges), the screen and then the recorded pictures all look as though the source of light was a dull florescent office light instead of the sun. Any way to improve the auto setting? "Go to manual" is not the answer I'm looking for. I also get pictures rotating on me when downloaded to websites. A portrait pic when put to wallpaper will often show up rotated 90 left.

For the camera, auto mode is kinda.... well, auto :) As good as the camera is, Auto mode gives you hardly any options at all. I haven't explored 3rd-party apps much, I know other users here have tried other apps, perhaps they will chime in.

Remember that Manual mode doesn't throw you straight into fully-manual mode. It still basically behaves like auto, until you start changing things. You don't have to set the exposure ISO and shutter speed. You could change just the White Balance if you wanted. Or use the exposure compensation (EV) to bias the picture brighter or darker, which can sometimes help show the colors. Especially for sunsets, and things like that, where the camera tries to make the picture brighter (because it looks too dark), which then washes out the colors.

This is one I took recently, of a nice sunset. This was using Manual mode, but the only change I made was manually setting the focus to infinity (clouds can be difficult to focus on), and I biased the exposure compensation to around -1.5 stops, as I recall, to avoid letting the camera set the exposure too bright, which would wash out the colors.

1005151830c cropped.jpg

androidvirg

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Very nice. I've been using manual setting too. Hard to describe what im experiencing but I've pointed the LG and an older iphone at the same outdoor landscape or subject and the image on the G4 screen is cooler than the iphone. The iphone screen or photo colors looks more like what the naked eye sees. Same thing when i look at both camera's images on a 27" imac or 55" samsung tv. Do others have this experience? I'm wondering if my G4 is faulty or if this is just how the G4 it is in auto?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
I guess, can you fix it in Manual, using white balance? If so, that would imply to me that the sensor is OK, and it's just what the camera is choosing when in Auto.

I can't offer comparison photos like you're describing, but it seems reasonable to me that yes, different cameras will make different decisions, even when looking at the same scene. My inclination would be that it's likely normal.

Oh, and yes, apparently the way the phone stores the rotation data is not understood properly by many programs/websites. So things come up sideways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781