Why does my LG G4 turn on by itself?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mean it's powering on from a completely powered off state, or is the screen waking up when the phone should be asleep?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Probably means it wakes up by itself. I've noticed mine doing that occasionally while on the charger. While it's odd to see, I'm not all that motivated to do anything about it.

Inspgadget113

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
The screen comes in for no reason. I can turn it off using the power button and it comes right back on. No idea why it's doing this.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it matter if the phone is charging or not?

Is there anything with a magnet nearby? Cases with smartcovers have weak magnets embedded in the cover, which triggers the smartcover sensor in the bezel of the phone. When the cover is opened (and the magnet is therefore taken away from the bezel), the screen turns on. If you have a case like that, or if there is anything else with a magnet right near the phone that suddenly moves away, that might trigger the smartcover sensor.

lbheav85

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Having this issue myself.. Guess I'm going to just contact LG and see what they have to say. I took my case off (It's been on for 2 months now) & the problem still happens. It recently just started when I had to get a new charger. I really hope the charger had nothing to do with it and I don't understand why it would. It's becoming a huge problem; either turn my phone off every time I'm done using it or let it drain my battery in 20 minutes...

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
There are a variety of apps that will wake up your phone for notifications. Check to see if there's a particular app that is trying to grab your attention right after waking the screen.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2