Just curious... LG or Google Calendar?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just curious...Are you using the LG Calendar or the Google Calendar on your G4? I've been using the Google Calendar so long on so many phones I never even really looked at the LG calendar. Am I missing anything?

CarpeMortem

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Just curious...Are you using the LG Calendar or the Google Calendar on your G4? I've been using the Google Calendar so long on so many phones I never even really looked at the LG calendar. Am I missing anything?
I had problems getting the LG calendar to synch so installed the Google one instead. I don't like that I can't long hold to copy events anymore, though...

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Neither! I have used Business Calendar for a while now. Nothing beats it, in my opinion. It coexists well with the Google calendar on my PC.

Posted via the Android Central App

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the copy event function in the LG calendar can be handy sometimes. That said, I'm using Google calendar primarily because the LG calendar widget can't be used with Nova launcher.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I also have used Google calendar for years. But the LG one works with the qslide so I thought I'd give it a go. I actually like the colours which seem less stark. And some features are kind of cool like the "pocket". I have been using the LG one exclusively now for several months.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the LG calendar app. Gives me the ability to copy events to my calendar from calendars that are shared with me.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Never even gave the LG calendar a chance. I was using Google Calendar on my iPhone and continued that on my G4.

It works.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the copy event function in the LG calendar can be handy sometimes. That said, I'm using Google calendar primarily because the LG calendar widget can't be used with Nova launcher.

Why not just use the LG Calendar and the Google Calendar widget? That MAY be what I'm going to do going forward as the copy function is definitely a convenience.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Why not just use the LG Calendar and the Google Calendar widget? That MAY be what I'm going to do going forward as the copy function is definitely a convenience.

Because I like being able to tap the widget to open the calendar, and I prefer to stick with one Calendar app for day to day use. This leads me to keep the Google calendar App on a home screen, but I do still load up the LG calendar from time to time for things like the copy event function. It's kind of a personal workflow preference thing.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions. Does anyone know of an Exchange calendar other than Touchdown that shows guest availability when creating a meeting invite?

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Cal. Used both Google and LG and the simplicity can't be beat. Syncs great with Google and gmail

Nunya Biz1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
When I came over to Android I began using the LG calendar. It syncs fine with google, which syncs fine with my Fantastical calendar on my macs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power