How often airplane or reboot needed to correct poor Verizon calling?

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Question for Verizon Wireless users: how often do you need to reboot your cell phone or go into "airplane" mode and back out to correct call quality issues?

I was walking home via the parkway on an important call which degraded and degraded. Eventually the other person was hearing only every 3rd word from me. I rebooted my phone and it was better. Of course I should have tried 'airplane' mode first, but I just wanted it to work.

I feel like I have 3rd world quality cellular service here in Philadelphia on Verizon.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Not having problems like that here in TN... at least I'm not.

What time of day was it? Rush hour? Heavy network congestion, etc.

David

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've never had call quality issues on Verizon with the G4 (or any phone for that matter) out in public. Then again, I rarely make/receive phone calls to begin with.

Maybe the spot you were in was just one with poor reception or high interference?

I do have one spot in my house, the right-side of my couch where I tend to sit when watching television, that if I'm on the phone I'll get degraded call quality/choppiness and even drops. If I move over three to four feet, it's perfect.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Question for Verizon Wireless users: how often do you need to reboot your cell phone or go into "airplane" mode and back out to correct call quality issues?

I was walking home via the parkway on an important call which degraded and degraded. Eventually the other person was hearing only every 3rd word from me. I rebooted my phone and it was better. Of course I should have tried 'airplane' mode first, but I just wanted it to work.

I feel like I have 3rd world quality cellular service here in Philadelphia on Verizon.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike

I've noticed it with my brother on his G4 with VZW but his voice cuts in and out all warbled like hes underwater. I'm interested in knowing what others are doing so I can help him out as well!

Last edited:

psf57

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem with Verizon, but it had just started in March of this year. Was with Verizon 12+ years until then. Don't know what happened, but Verizon would say they couldn't find anything, had droid turbo. Moved to AT&T with G4 and no problems at all.

cybersud

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I have this problem as well. I have found that if I turn off Advanced Calling the calls get better. However, then you can't use data and voice at the same time. Very frustrating.

pcguys

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The more I think about it, if my phone is over-heating, having rouge apps running in the background, it could totally degrade my calling experience with voice over LTE, and maybe even over regular cellular too.

I think I need to get my phone under control first BEFORE trashing the network.

If my CPU was pegged at 100%, of course, for example, streaming youtube would suffer; voice over LTE is a network app using all the same resources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37