Phone App LG G4, how can I remove an icon?

A

AC Question

Phone App LG G4 remove button

On the bottom of the Phone app of my LG G4,
there's the call (green phone on the left, on the middle there's the messages) and on the right there's a small icon a phone with a contact on it ?

What is this icon and how can i remove it ?

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone App LG G4 remove button

Contact shortcut?

Press and hold the icon and slide it to the top of your screen. A trash can icon will appear and turn red when you are over it. Release your finger from the icon and it will be deleted.

David

Jean4445

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

g4-apps.jpg
This icon highlighted in red !
how can i remove it ? is it possible ?

keeping on pressing it and holding it doesn't give me options to drag or remove it

Attachments

• g4-apps.jpg
    g4-apps.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 37

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Contact shortcut?

Press and hold the icon and slide it to the top of your screen. A trash can icon will appear and turn red when you are over it. Release your finger from the icon and it will be deleted.

David

He was saying it's INSIDE his phone app, not on the home screen (if I'm reading it correctly)

Jean4445

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

I think that's for video calling if your carrier had it enabled.

I have been reading and doing some searches.
This is for VoLTE that was added by Rogers in Canada and i think Verizon in the US.
even if I Disable the option, the icon stays there.
and the location of the icon is annoying

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

you should be able to remove the app by long pressing & moving to trash can or installing another launcher - Nova is a good choice. You may not have it on your phone, but on mine you can go to app folder then "Help" app and it shows how to modify the favorites bar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

you should be able to remove the app by long pressing & moving to trash can or installing another launcher - Nova is a good choice. You may not have it on your phone, but on mine you can go to app folder then "Help" app and it shows how to modify the favorites bar.

It's a button within the Phone/Dialer app, not the app itself. I think we've established that it's for VoLTE calling (and possibly video calling over LTE).

Jean4445

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

It's a button within the Phone/Dialer app, not the app itself. I think we've established that it's for VoLTE calling (and possibly video calling over LTE).

Correct.
I Have called LG themselves.
The button cannot be removed. some careers that already launched VoLTE and Videocalling started offering this option.

OrangeScuba

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site

Have you tried enabling and disabling "Advanced Calling"? That should change the phone screen icons up.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7611.jpg
    7611.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 11