ok Google from any screen not working.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
After the last at&t update my phone has been acting a little weird. One big thing that's really bothering me is that ok Google from any screen suddenly stopped working. I use this in my car all the time and it's an important feature of any phone for me so this it's unacceptable.

What happen is I have to actually open Google now for it to turn on, then it will work from any screen as it's supposed to. But as soon as my screen locks, it breaks. I unlock my screen and it's gone. It does not come back until I open Google now again. Once or twice it came back on its own after a long tone but it doesn't seem to do that anymore at all.

Has anybody else had this, especially after the update? Just want to know if it's a common G4 problem before I take it in to at&t.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Wish we could get a few more responses in here. So far it's three people that doesn't have it working. Anybody does have it working? This is an absolute deal breaker for me and I now have to take it in to at&t and get it serviced but I don't know what they'll be able to do if it's a common G4 problem now.

Gonna go ahead and pick up a new phone. Wish I could just sell this honestly but with how cheap you can get it elsewhere, the resale value is garbage. Not gonna get anywhere near what I owe on it which means I'd have to spend money just to get rid of it. Staying away from lg after this.

Otis2015

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
Mine is not working as it was before the update. I am on Sprint.
It has to be a bug in the app. You have to open as the first comment was explaining, I did go into app and did an un-install of the update and it went back to working fine. However, it did an automatic update and problems are back, I guess the fix for now is to repeat the un-install of the update and turn of auto update and run the older version until they figure it out.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
After reading reviews of the Google app in the play store it looks like it's just the Google app. Very upsetting. Google can't seem to keep their act together. When I think back, all the apps that I've had the most problems with on Android have been apps made by Google. I'm sure they'll fix it soon and it'll work again...for a while.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Good to hear it not's Just an LG thing. Kinda depressing to assume it kinda was

Yeah, I had to uninstall updates to the Google app and it works like a charm now. Still disappointing that such a core feature can be broken so easily. Considering iPhone and even Windows phone can be voice activated it's a shame Google can't keep it working reliably.

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow... Thankful to find this thread... Haven't had my G Flex 2 and G4 for very long (long time WP user recently migrated), but I was sure I had it working right before only to find it not working now on both phones until after I open it once. Following this thread...

stlkutie

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have T-Mobile and I had to uninstall the updates to the Google app to get mine to work again also. I assume they will release another update to fix what the last one messed up.

Bob Zane

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Same as Otis2015 described and using the factory installed Google app so I can continue to have the capability. Using LG g3 AT&T but it is definitely a Google App problem. I urge readers to go into the Google app, select the menu and use the feedback to let them now. Maybe that will help.

abd01451

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I just received an on-air update for my unlocked H815 that's resolved issues during the past week or so with Google search and OK Google
not working. Great to have Google back, but I was really hoping for the Marshmallow update.

Bob Zane

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Since I have stopped Google Now updates, I am now wondering if there is a way to tell when it has a new update that, potentially, has a fix for OK Google on "any screen". Does anyone know how to see the update release dates?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois