Facebook problem on mobile data

mbpunjabi

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi Everyone :)

I am having this annoying problem going on with my G4 (H815T). I am using 1GB mobile data on a du SIM, all applications and web browsing work except facebook. The facebook application only seems to work on wifi and it will not connect if mobile data is on (regardless of 2G 3G 4G). I put the SIM on my older G2 phone to check whether its carrier related but it works perfectly there. Its only seldom when it works just for a bit then it wont.

Things tried:
- Uninstalling reinstalling app
- Updating app and phone
- Clearing data, cache, system cache
- Switching off phone, removing SIM and battery for 30 seconds and then reinserting
- Virus check

If I am logged in, it will not work, and if I am not logged in, I get this error written when I try to login:

"Sorry, unable to login to Facebook. Please check your network connection or try again later. (HttpNetworkException: proxy HTTP status 400)"

Any help please?

Posted via the Android Central App

daralu07

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I have the SAME problem, just with my LG G3, for about 3 days. I cant figure out whats all that about, because, as you said, everything works perfect on wifi... tried to unistall, clear cache but still nothing. Who else can we ask to ?

thanks

zokiru

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem, Galaxy S4 on Straight Talk here. Problem started about a day ago. I'm guessing this is a glitch with the app itself lol. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Tatarenko

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi all there!
Technically, 400 status code is Bad Request response from server so most likely problem is on Facebook server.
But in any case - did you checked if internet is working on your devices at all? E.g. if google.com is loding correctly in browser etc.?

daralu07

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
everything works fine (just that app doesn't). So i can surf through browser chrome or internet, each site opened normally fast on mobile data, beside this app. I can also use other apps and work great, but this one... :(
Tried to remove completely facebook app and facebook messenger app (i think the other one is unnecessery, if i wrote it well), but when instal it again, that **** still happens.

mbpunjabi

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay guys so after really intense searching and implementing different trials, i found a solution which worked for me, I hope this would help all of you.
So you go into mobile data, then APN settings. Go into both the WAP and Internet APNs, and I noticed that there was a proxy and port set. I cleared both of them, and wola! it works! :D

I dont know whether it relates to the error shown by the facebook app upon login, but the error did mention the word "proxy" so I tried that out and worked. Clearing the proxy did not affect anything else, neither connections nor speed for other apps or browsing :D

Do try it out and check if it works!

daralu07

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I tried that, but on my lg g3 i dont have settings as you called above, just apn settings automaticaly set from my network operator. I cant delete theme (or clear), but you were right, they are set to some port. I did the acces point reset to default, but still cant login to facebook app :( anybody else tried this method? Thanks anyway for giving a shot..

Beat_Lu

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Just perfect! Thanks for your help.

After I deleted the proxy and proxyport in the APN settings, the Facebook app can connect again via mobile data. My phone: SONY Xperia Z3 compact, Android 5.1.1, FB App 53.0.0.29.18

Regards from Switzerland,
Beat

Joshue Orr

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. I use straight talk with a AT&T phone. So I have specific settings for my data to work. If I change the ports and proxy nothing works. It worked fine until a few days ago. It's really annoying.

Last edited:

johnfreepj

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
just go to settings
then MORE
Mobile Networks
Access Point Names

then select internet

then delete APN

restart Phone

then request APN Settings from the service provider

Install the settings

restart the phone again

this worked for me. try your luck :cool:

daralu07

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah of course, it is working normaly via internet browser. But I prefer app, why they made it if didnt work... :(

binary71

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
i use net10 and all i did was delete the proxy settings as the user above advised and it worked. Just go to your APN settings and delete the proxy server and proxy port number and it works like a charm. nothing else on my phone was affected by doing this. thanks for the help guys.

daralu07

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Maybe this sounds stupid, but i dont have an option to delete the proxy server. I found everything like you said in APN settings, but dont know how to delete it or unable it, whatever. I contacted my provider, waiting for an answer. Maybe someone with lg g3 or g4 knows what i am talking about.

NemanjaSER

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, i have same prob. Go to settings>More networks>Mobile networks>Access Point Names> Mts wap (this is my network in my land - Serbia)>Proxy>delete all numbers inside. After that all works fine!

daralu07

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Nemanja, aj brate na srpskom :) ne znam dal imas isto g3 telefon, meni ne dopusta uopste da izmenim proxy, ne mogu ni da izbrisem. Sve ostalo radi skroz normalno, samo ta app