Lg g4 vs s6 sot

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Had a S6 for about 4 months...I generally got 3 hours of SOT with mine on T-Mobile. Most I've gotten on the LG is 4 and a half hours. I'm a heavy user. So all day long I'm either on Facebook, listening to YouTube videos in the background, browsing the net, and texting.

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Had a S6 for about 4 months...I generally got 3 hours of SOT with mine on T-Mobile. Most I've gotten on the LG is 4 and a half hours. I'm a heavy user. So all day long I'm either on Facebook, listening to YouTube videos in the background, browsing the net, and texting.
Well you got more SOT on the G4 than the S6 thats a suprise. I thoought the S6 would have better battery life than the G4. I would be good if more people who have used both devices out in their views aswell.

sashlon

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The G4 has a much larger capacity battery than the S6. In terms of battery life, SOT and standby time - the G4 crushes the S6. Plus its removable/replaceable ;)

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Capacity of the battery is one thing but how power efficient the hardware and software is another matter as the circuit board design and the OS and stock system apps included can be another.

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Capacity of the battery is one thing but how power efficient the hardware and software is another matter as the circuit board design and the OS and stock system apps included can be another.
Exactly right. Thats why i think the s6 manages to get more SOT out of a smaller battery than what the G4 achieves

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Lol except it doesn't. Check your facts. Read or watch the reviews. The S6 has poor battery life and SOT.

They tried to float that "energy efficiency" stuff even before the S6 was released. While it's true you can have inefficiency that wastes battery, that battery is so small of course the life was going to suck. Least surprising thing in the world when it turned out that way.

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Lol you're watching different channels to me. Check out Pocketnow's comparison.
Well if you google reviews where both phones have been tested for screen time you will see that the s6 gets more screen on time compared to G4. There is more than 5 sites i have seen this.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There are too many variables for an accurate comparison. Not to mention the differences in screen size and battery size.

Isn't that sort of like saying I can't compare battery life for the G4 to the Droid Turbo because the battery isn't the same size? That's obviously true, but it's hardly enlightening.

I agree on there being many variables. Obviously, both of the things you mention are factors, but if we're talking about the life of a battery charge, they matter.

I just dont see your point beyond there being variables.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Isn't that sort of like saying I can't compare battery life for the G4 to the Droid Turbo because the battery isn't the same size? That's obviously true, but it's hardly enlightening.

I agree on there being many variables. Obviously, both of the things you mention are factors, but if we're talking about the life of a battery charge, they matter.

I just dont see your point beyond there being variables.

Yeah, how can you make an accurate comparison of SOT with so many variables? Battery size, screen size, chipsets, cell radios, all different.

If someone posts results between the 2 phones, how is it relevant to anyone but the person that did the comparison? They run specific apps to fit their needs, certain screen brightness or auto, etc. Not to mention what if that person is in an area with great cell coverage. Battery life would be significantly different for someone else who isn't in a great area. Heck, the 2 phones cell radios could get different signal quality sitting in the same house.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, how can you make an accurate comparison of SOT with so many variables? Battery size, screen size, chipsets, cell radios, all different.

If someone posts results between the 2 phones, how is it relevant to anyone but the person that did the comparison? They run specific apps to fit their needs, certain screen brightness or auto, etc. Not to mention what if that person is in an area with great cell coverage. Battery life would be significantly different for someone else who isn't in a great area. Heck, the 2 phones cell radios could get different signal quality sitting in the same house.

If the same person ran the tests under the same general conditions (their normal use) it would be of value. We're talking about battery life, one battery lasted longer than the other under (presumed) very similar conditions. I understand that you comparing your S6 (if you had one) battery life to my G4 battery life wouldn't be that helpful given the other variables you reference.

The bottom line is that one battery lasts longer than the other under roughly similar conditions. Or one lasts longer, or not as long, as the last phone I had, etc. It puts things in to a context. No, not everything does that, but you seem too far down that path if you have to point out battery size is a factor. Seems like something that goes without saying.

dieselhazza

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
There are too many variables for an accurate comparison. Not to mention the differences in screen size and battery size.
Yea there are variables but im going off the battery and screen size. The battery in the G4 is bigger than the one in the S6. The screen size on the G4 is slightly bigger than the S6. What makes me mad is how does the S6 get better battery life than the G4? Knowing that the G4 has a significantly bigger battery. The screen size can not make much of a difference where hours come into play. Obviously the S6 is more power efficient.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
If the same person ran the tests under the same general conditions (their normal use) it would be of value. We're talking about battery life, one battery lasted longer than the other under (presumed) very similar conditions. I understand that you comparing your S6 (if you had one) battery life to my G4 battery life wouldn't be that helpful given the other variables you reference.

The bottom line is that one battery lasts longer than the other under roughly similar conditions. Or one lasts longer, or not as long, as the last phone I had, etc. It puts things in to a context. No, not everything does that, but you seem too far down that path if you have to point out battery size is a factor. Seems like something that goes without saying.

The only legitimate way to compare would be if the test was being done at the exact same time where you had both phones in hand and used them the exact same. And that comparison would only be relevant to the person running the test, not anyone else because the conditions of the test would be different (different cell coverage, different apps, different screen brightness, etc).

The whole question in this thread was comparing the 2 devices and the OP wanting input from other people. That input is mostly irrelevant because someone else's data on SOT and battery life will be different than the OP may be able to achieve.

The only way for the OP to get relevant feedback on battery life would be to conduct the test themselves.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Yea there are variables but im going off the battery and screen size. The battery in the G4 is bigger than the one in the S6. The screen size on the G4 is slightly bigger than the S6. What makes me mad is how does the S6 get better battery life than the G4? Knowing that the G4 has a significantly bigger battery. The screen size can not make much of a difference where hours come into play. Obviously the S6 is more power efficient.

Screen size is certainly relevant. On any given day, my screen consumes 40-60% of the battery, varying on whether I need my phone a little bit and get 4 hours SOT or whether I need my phone a lot and get 6 hours SOT.

So you are saying that if the screen is the largest battery drain, having a larger screen doesn't make a big difference? I would disagree.

There are posts and reviews on both sides of the fence; it's certainly not a landslide in either direction.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The only legitimate way to compare would be if the test was being done at the exact same time where you had both phones in hand and used them the exact same. And that comparison would only be relevant to the person running the test, not anyone else because the conditions of the test would be different (different cell coverage, different apps, different screen brightness, etc).

The whole question in this thread was comparing the 2 devices and the OP wanting input from other people. That input is mostly irrelevant because someone else's data on SOT and battery life will be different than the OP may be able to achieve.

The only way for the OP to get relevant feedback on battery life would be to conduct the test themselves.

No.

Again, there is a context involved here. If I have had the same two phones recently and have been able to compare them for battery life, finding one to be better than the other, there is a context. That context likely carries over to any other user of those two phones. That one is generally better on battery life.

If somebody is expecting to get X hours of SoT as I did, then I agree with you. They shouldn't compare in that precise way, but the idea that Phone A gave me Y more hours of battery life than Phone B, under the same circumstances, should be useful for other potential users of those phones. Esepcially if over a wider range of users a consensus starts to form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton