Is there a tempered glass screen protector that's 100% guaranteed to be bubble free, even after mont

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there a tempered glass screen protector that's 100% guaranteed to be bubble free, even after months of use?

I have two LG G4 right now. Tried 8 different brands of tempered glass screen protectors. None of them is 100% bubble free. I know the curved screen is the reason... The closest I've come to was 1 small bubble in one of the 4 corners. The brands that I tried include Zagg, Skinomi, Yootech, iCarez, amFilm, Jetech and a couple of others. Ended up returning all of them.

I have applied at least 20 to 30 tempered glass screen protectors before with 99% success rate.(Samsung Note 2/3/4/5, S4/S5/S6, HTCs, Motorolas) Even the Note 4/5 with their curved screen edge didn't cause so much problemo for me(i.e. halo issue). The LG G4 has beaten me. :( I gave up and bought the Spigen film protector for now.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Yootec and it went on fine. Heck, I even had to remove and reapply it due to lint under it and it went on ok again. Sure, it had a few bubbles, but they easily pushed out. I thought it was odd the directions said to position it and then push on the center to start the sealing process. After seeing it work, I wonder if maybe that's your issue?

stet

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm also looking for one that will go on bubble-free and also fit the entire screen. I have a Yootec and it has a bubble in a corner that I can't remove but I'm also not thrilled with out it doesn't really fit the entire screen. When centered this is a gap of about 3/4 mm all the way around it.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You may, or indeed may very well not, care to try the wet application method. There are YouTube videos demonstrating that. Some say that it makes bubble removal easier.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You may, or indeed may very well not, care to try the wet application method. There are YouTube videos demonstrating that. Some say that it makes bubble removal easier.

you mean wet application of a tempered glass screen protector? I didn't even know that was a thing. :)

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I've had the Skinomi Tech Glass on for over 5 mos now and zero bubbles. I did drop it once and there's a small part of the corner that broke on the protector but not the screen itself. I don't know what stress you would have to put on it to cause 8 different ones to bubble after application...

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I've had no problems with skinomi as well. Drop my phone twice face down and the glass broke, but my screen was OK. No bubbles on both applications

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a problem with any glass SP. Are you sure it's air or could it be microscopic dust particles? Usually air is easy to push out with your fingers. Did you install it in a high humidity area like a steamy bathroom? Was everything clean? Did you use the hinge method so you can place it down as soon as possible after you peel the film off? If the bubbles are in the same spot with two different protectors it could be some unevenness with your display. Also if possible do it in the buff to keep dust particles from falling off your clothes. Preparation is key.

LG NitroHD G2 G3 G4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles