Who's Looking Forward To The G5 ?

RicKaysen

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I've read rumors about the G5 being all metal. That and a fingerprint scanner would be a dream... With that said, this will be my last LG. Tired of the ui, the slow updates, and my battery life has been going downhill since I bought it. Another big problem is how fast the value drops on these LGs. After a month or two they drastically reduce the price, and then keep reducing it, offering sales and promotions...I bought mine a little over two months ago and what has happened in that time has astonished me. I couldn't even sell this for what I owe which means I would have to pay to get rid of it! I feel burned by LG and won't be giving them my business again.

Posted via the Android Central App

Good points

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
the G4 is already all I need. Screen, ram, sd card, removable battery, marshmallow upgrade to come, Its a keeper for me. Be a long time before I upgrade.

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I can live without the removable battery as long as there is an SD Card slot. You don't have to have a removable back to add an SD Card slot. Motorola did it with the Moto X Pure Edition. If they can have a sim card slot, they can also incorporate an SD card slot. And if there is fast charging (MXPE is very fast), not much need to swap batteries.

rsbenedict

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm not on my phone enough where I need 200% battery life. I can charge for 15 minutes to get another 5 or 6 hours of life out of the battery. The thing that is non-negotiable for me is the SD Card slot. I need the extra storage and an SD Card is much cheaper than internal storage. I can live with 32 or 64gb internal, but like to have a large SD card for media and pictures.

anon(8938849)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
That too...how people can like a "premium" feel over the ability to switch out a battery and go from 0-100 puzzles me.

What puzzles me is people who think everyone else should have the same priorities as them.

It's not difficult. You hold your phone for hours every day, and some people like what they're holding to feel high end and pleasurable to hold. Plastic doesn't cut it for many people. If you have a phone with good battery life, and you rarely run out of battery during the day, switching it out is not a high priority.

If on the other hand you care more about utilitarianism and you view your phone as more of a tool, then you might care more about function over form.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I can live without the removable battery as long as there is an SD Card slot. You don't have to have a removable back to add an SD Card slot. Motorola did it with the Moto X Pure Edition. If they can have a sim card slot, they can also incorporate an SD card slot. And if there is fast charging (MXPE is very fast), not much need to swap batteries.

With the G4, we get both, thankfully ;). I found the removable battery is great for those times I forgot to charge my battery or it gets unexpected heavy use, and know it takes under a minute to pop in my spare and be good to go. The other great thing, is down the road, when the OEM battery won't take a charge as well, I don't have to send it in and pay for someone to swap in a new battery (Apple, Samsung...), that is unless you upgrade to a whole new phone that often.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
What puzzles me is people who think everyone else should have the same priorities as them.

It's not difficult. You hold your phone for hours every day, and some people like what they're holding to feel high end and pleasurable to hold. Plastic doesn't cut it for many people. If you have a phone with good battery life, and you rarely run out of battery during the day, switching it out is not a high priority.

If on the other hand you care more about utilitarianism and you view your phone as more of a tool, then you might care more about function over form.

I hear ya, Sean, but a lot of people also put their phone in a case, which makes the feel of the phone dependent on which case they choose (or the leather, in the case of the G4, or grippy hard rubber in my case). Still think the battery swap is really important when my original gets too old to recharge. I know I'm probably going to keep the phone past the usable lifespan of the battery, and don't have to pay someone to put in a new one down the road. But like you said, those are my priorities and if you like a naked phone, I can see holding the G4 all day in the non-leather case is not that "premium" feel.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
If they go unibody design ., and take away removable battery and SD slot, I'm out.

I'm probably wrong, but maybe LG will see that everyone else has ditched the removable battery and keep it in their designs to offer something a segment of customers really want that no one else has.

hack14u

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I too have had the G2, G3, and right now, I am loving my G Flex 2. This thing is a beast. Never listened to all the rumors about it and I am glad I didn't!

nickdaman

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the fence currently since I have my BB Q10 and with the Black Friday deals to hold out for a G5 or buy a G4. Would have been nice if we knew for sure if the G5 had a removable battery and sd card.

perezs07

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought the note 5 for the second time. Thought to myself "okay this is it, gonna ride it put for two years with this one" then i saw Tmobile black Friday sale for g4 for 325. Went and traded in a 600 balance for 300. Can't beat it. With the exception on stylus, it does everything the note 5 does.