Handset mode?

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
A lot of times when I plug in my auxiliary cable or earbuds into my phone to listen to music what I believe is called handset mode activates and the phone will open up the google app and that screen that say "Listening..." like it's trying to pick up voice as if I were trying to do a voice search, which I am not. Also gives me a notification about making hand free phone calls which I'm not trying to do at all, just listen to music without random interruptions. This appears to be some kind of bug with my phone, as I recently got it replaced because my previous one had stopped working and the previous one never had this issue. Has this happened to anyone else and if so would you know how you fixed it if so? I've already checked the settings and I have not seen any option such as "if headphones inserted then open such and such app" so it's really getting to be irritating a bit now.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
This happened with my Nexus 5, too. It's the way you plug the headphones in; or at least it was for me. Sometimes if I plugged them in too slowly or not all the way in, it'd pop up a voice search "Listening..." for my voice to say something. If I made sure to push them directly in quickly and firmly, it didn't pop up (except for the odd time or two).

For the record, however, there is an option in LG's software for it to open an app of your choice once you plug headphones in. It's in Smart Settings, I believe. But this isn't related to that.

Let me know if you notice a difference.

CynicalLoner

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Yea I've seen that setting before about plugging in headphones and the music app starts for example. I don't have any of those on, so I know it's not from that. Also I have noticed that sometimes about pushing it in at different speeds and what not but it's still quite odd to me and I don't know exactly what causes what.