Why can't I transfer pictures from my phone?

couger0322

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Picture transfer

I can't tranfer my pictures from my phone. All my pictures are saved to my SD card. When connected to the computer I access the SD card, then the DCIM folder, but then it only shows a '.thumbnails' folder. When I open this folder it only shows 496 RAW files that I can't open. I have 1422 photos on my phone. What am I missing? :mad:

Info
Phone LG G4 VS986
Computer Windows 7 prem

P.S. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. Had the G3 before this and wish I never 'upgraded'.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Picture transfer

I can't tranfer my pictures from my phone. All my pictures are saved to my SD card. When connected to the computer I access the SD card, then the DCIM folder, but then it only shows a '.thumbnails' folder. When I open this folder it only shows 496 RAW files that I can't open. I have 1422 photos on my phone. What am I missing? :mad:

Info
Phone LG G4 VS986
Computer Windows 7 prem

P.S. This is the worst phone I've ever owned. Had the G3 before this and wish I never 'upgraded'.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and not able to replicate the issue you are having.

When I view my SD card, I have DCIM-Camera and then all my pictures appear. I don't have a thumbnails folder on my external SD card.

If I view internal storage, I have DCIM-thumbnails but no camera folder since I save everything straight to my external SD card.

Do you have a way to plug your micro SD straight into the PC to see if it reads correctly that way?

couger0322

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

Actually, I just picked up a card reader and then I was able to pull the card out of my phone and access all the pictures directly. With all the issues I'm having with this phone, I'm starting to think the phone is defective. Looking into having it exchanged now.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I haven't tried transferring pictures, but I have used a USB connection to activate Helium and I know there's a couple different connection options that you can set on the phone when tethered to a computer. Have you tried checking that to see if it affected anything?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12