Version G4 Won't boot after update

Aeroshep1

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the verizon G4, and ran the update on Tuesday like everyone else. It was working like a champion until it completely froze while I was listening to Google music. It only boots to the G4 Powered by android screen.will not go any further except once or twice to the Version logo. I was able to get to the recovery menu, and I tried wipe cache, a few boot, and finally a factory reset, all to no avail. Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

ogtbones

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
What did Verizon tell you and how much did they charge you? My G4 just did the same thing tonight, randomly restarted and stays on the powered by android screen, although a couple times it went to the optimizing apps screen but then turned off.

Aeroshep1

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Verizon, the only troubleshooting they could do was an attempted factory reset from the recovery menu, which I already tried of course, but went through the steps anyways. They are sending me out a replacement, but with the holiday, it probably won't arrive until Monday.

ogtbones

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I just talked to lg and they sent me shipping labels to send it it, they say a fix will be free of charge if it's a manufacturers defect, does this count as a manufacturers defect?

Aeroshep1

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
No insurance, but it is still under warranty. I am certain this was caused by the latest update.

Almighty1

May 19, 2011
Visit site
You had insurance?

You don't need insurance within the 12 month manufacturers warranty period for any phone that is a phone they also sold regardless where you bought it and no proof of purchase is needed. They will ship you out a Certified Like New Replacement. After 12 months, if you have Total Equipment Protection or Extended Warranty with them, they will also replace the phone.

a_skepsis

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hey when you sent it back, did you include proof of purchase in the package? If so, did you order the phone online? Because I don't know how to include proof of purchase with my package since I ordered it online and I don't have any documents that would count as proof of purchase.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12