Which should I get

He who attacks first always wins
    11-26-2015 02:57 PM
    Here's another thread on almost the same comparison. What I said there applies here too, with the addition that the Edge displays don't really excite me on Samsungs.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=613029
    11-26-2015 04:55 PM
    Prowocacja Gliwicka
    11-27-2015 06:49 AM
    I have a G4, and the guy I work with a the S6 Edge. We are in a weak AT&T signal area, and the G4 does a much better job at getting LTE, and holding a call. He is always waving his phone around trying to get a signal, while I get 1 - 2 bars and never show no service. Needless to say, he is going to try and get rid of his edge and grab a G4. If signal strength is of any importance to u, grab the G4. It's a great phone.
    CalebInterco likes this.
    11-27-2015 08:17 AM
    I can't speak for the S6, but I too have been very pleased with the signal quality of the G4.
    11-27-2015 12:58 PM
    I guess when we talk about signal, we should specify the carrier(s) in question. LOL.
    11-27-2015 05:57 PM
    I guess when we talk about signal, we should specify the carrier(s) in question. LOL.
    I think they are talking about AT&T lol
    11-27-2015 08:19 PM
    I think they are talking about AT&T lol
    Thank you for using AT&T where you can reach and touch someone! LOL
    11-27-2015 11:49 PM
    I have AT&T, and live in a rural area. Signal from all carriers can get sketchy in spots. I've had Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T. For the past couple of years, I have used the Moto X phones. Nice phones, and Motorla is known for great radios in their phones. I wanted a great camera, and went with the LG this time, and it is as good at grabbing a signal as the motorola phones. Samsung phones have a reputation for having weaker radios.
    Here is a interesting review showing how weak the Galaxy 6's are.Best for LTE: Galaxy S6, Huawei P8, LG G4 - AndroidAuthority
    11-28-2015 07:42 AM
    I have Verizon and went from a decent Samsung flip phone to the G4. An area near my house in S.F. was always dead for the Samsung, but the G4 never drops a call. Inside my house, it could be better though.

The real surprise was in remote areas. We have a cabin in the Stanislaus National Forest, 17 miles from town. I was very curious to see how well the G4 did in such a remote area. Not only did I get service 200 yards closer to the cabin than with the Samsung, I was actually able to pull in the 3G network. Can't tell you what speed because I didn't really test it, but the Samsung couldn't get VoiceMail until I get all the way to town because it couldn't access the basic network well enough. I was very impressed with the G4's radio (again, on Verizon), but comparing it to a Samsung flip, I didn't think it would do as well for regular voice calls, let alone pull in the G3 network as well.
    11-28-2015 09:41 AM
    I have Verizon and went from a decent Samsung flip phone to the G4. An area near my house in S.F. was always dead for the Samsung, but the G4 never drops a call. Inside my house, it could be better though.

The real surprise was in remote areas. We have a cabin in the Stanislaus National Forest, 17 miles from town. I was very curious to see how well the G4 did in such a remote area. Not only did I get service 200 yards closer to the cabin than with the Samsung, I was actually able to pull in the 3G network. Can't tell you what speed because I didn't really test it, but the Samsung couldn't get VoiceMail until I get all the way to town because it couldn't access the basic network well enough. I was very impressed with the G4's radio (again, on Verizon), but comparing it to a Samsung flip, I didn't think it would do as well for regular voice calls, let alone pull in the G3 network as well.
    Is S.F. = San Francisco? If so, what neighborhood? Just curious but what version is your current Verizon PRL on the G4?
    11-28-2015 05:40 PM
    Is S.F. = San Francisco? If so, what neighborhood? Just curious but what version is your current Verizon PRL on the G4?
    I'm in the Sunset District...where do I find my PRL?
    11-29-2015 09:42 AM
    It's in settings, about phone, status
    My PRL Version is 15414 - stands for "Preferred Roaming List"
    Google "Verizon PRL" and you will find out more info than you would ever want to know and/or need
    11-29-2015 12:37 PM
    It's in settings, about phone, status
    My PRL Version is 15414 - stands for "Preferred Roaming List"
    Google "Verizon PRL" and you will find out more info than you would ever want to know and/or need
    My PRL is 15428. The guy from Verizon helping me couldn't find it ;-). I used to update my Samsung flip phone occasionally, but does it help to update the G4 on occasion, or do smartphones auto-update?
    11-29-2015 02:28 PM
    Until today I had never heard of PRL. Just googled & found a link to Verizon about PRL updates. Here is the link -http://www.verizon.com/support/preferred-roaming-list-update-faqs/
    11-29-2015 09:04 PM
    Until today I had never heard of PRL. Just googled & found a link to Verizon about PRL updates. Here is the link -http://www.verizon.com/support/preferred-roaming-list-update-faqs/
    Thanks Bruce,
    the answer was right there, where I didn't read .
    "By performing this update your phone will have the best possible service with us. For 4G devices, you don't need to do anything to update the Preferred Roaming List."
    I take it you're in S.F.?
    11-30-2015 08:00 AM
    No - Austin Tx.
    11-30-2015 08:40 AM
    Thank you for using AT&T where you can reach and touch someone! LOL
    Ha-ha now that's old school.
    11-30-2015 11:04 AM