lg4 and netflix

kennyboy1

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
is it possible to watch netflix 4k from my phone. netflix are showing films in uhd 4k. now can i get mini micro to hdmi and plug it in my lg 4k televison its not a smart tv just 4k with Ethernet in the back as there is a few streaming channels. or could i mirror cast the phone to a dongle and do it that way. plus i was led to believe that youtube show 4k stuff but i have not come across any yet. also i use Bluetooth headphones but when im listening to my playlist on youtube i have to leave my case open if i close it youtube goes of and the clock comes on its the magic circle case, i dont know if there is a setting on the phone. when playing music from sdcard or my wd 2tb cloud i can close the case and it still plays, any advice please.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The YouTube app has always stopped playback any time you leave the app and I'm not aware of any way to change that. I have seen other apps that can play YouTube videos in the background, but those have mixed reviews. Can't really help with the other questions you have.

findmyphone

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Not entirely sure what your question is regarding the use of a dongle, but the phone can't display 4k resolution (it's 2560x1440), so it seems kind of pointless to try and send that many pixels to the screen.

Seems questionable that you could take a 4k signal streamed to your phone and then re-send that signal back out at 25 mbps (the speed Netflix says you need to stream 4k) to view on your TV.

Last edited:

kennyboy1

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
This says the LG can output 4k over slimport, but I do not know if you can get the Netflix app to run at 4k.
SlimPort 4K wired TV out is a big deal - LG G4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S6: Next door rivals | www.analogix.com

thank mate going to get 1 today, i did have 1 but it was for bb z10 but cannot find it, plus im not sure it works. i know people are watching it on android boxes using wireless, still got nothing to lose still got youtube plus 200m of internet with virgin thanks again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad