Upgraded my G4 to Marshmallow and now it's overheating and keeps restarting, what can I do?

A

AC Question

Upgraded my g4 to marshmallow and now it's overheating and keeps restarting

I just upgraded my g4 to marshmallow via lg brigde, hard reset my phone and now it's overheating and keeps restarting, I can't even use it for a few minutes, it freezes and gets turned off. What can I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Upgraded my g4 to marshmallow and now it's overheating and keeps restarting

Welcome to Android Central! Can you try reinstalling via LG Bridge?

Utkans

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

I can't at the moment, but I'll try resetting again. Seems overheating causes the phone to restart, I backed up some important stuff and now trying to reset it, if I can keep it open for a few minutes. It passes out after 30 or 45 seconds. Damn you LG, it's 3 in the morning and I have lessons to attend but now look what I'm doing, trying to make my phone work again.

Utkans

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site

Lol now it's bootlooping. I will never EVER buy an LG phone again.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Download LG Flash Tools. Download 6.0 KDZ file. Use LG Flash Tool to repush the 6.0 firmware to your phone.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been getting a lot hotter than usual since the update. Not bad enough to make it shut down but the screen auto dim happens a hell of a lot more often now. Even when just writing this, the brightness has been up and down several times!

I play a game that used to run for about 20 minutes before getting too hot and suffering frame rate issues, making it unplayable. Now it happens after just a couple of minutes. My HTC M8 never had the frame rate problems.

Hopefully LG will issue another update correction it pretty quickly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm