LG G4 bootloop

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone having an issue with there g4 boot looping on the start up screen. I had this issue the other day and apparently this is why the sprint variant was recalled back at the beginning of October. I'm waiting for my replacement now.

Posted via the Android Central App

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's looking like either a component in these phones is prematurely failing or there's some software problem, though the latter doesn't add up as it seems to be happening across all variants and is becoming very frequent now.

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes happened to me about a month ago. Decent service from LG, they shipped me a replacement unit and collected my old phone at the same time. I have definitely seen alot of post regarding boot loop on the G4 though.

espio

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine started doing that last night too. On t-mobile here. Shopping amazon to get a replacement screen protector for when my replacement phone arrives.

AmGaD-SaLaH

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Remove your battery and re instert it againg then power on
Do that couple times it should boot correctly

Posted via the Android Central App

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I was having problems with the boot loop problem, a battery pull worked a couple times but yesterday it just wouldn't come back. Took it to a sprint repair store and they got it to do a soft boot and found that an android update that hadn't installed correctly. It got updated yesterday and is working fine now. Still a bit not positive that is the only thing wrong but when I talked to the service guy last night he said he was working an another one stuck doing the same thing and he couldn't get it out of the loop at all so it was going to be a circuit board replacement. Maybe the security update is causing some of the problems?

BelRyan

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Had the bootloop issue 2 wks after warranty ran out. Read that it was loose connection on the motherboard. I read some craziness about placing the board in an oven. I had nothing to lose so I took phone apart at work and placed the motherboard on a piece of cardboard and set it in the 450 degree powder coat oven for about 15 mins. Since solder melts around 385 F it must have reflowed the solder and restored the connection. Put the phone back together and, I sh*t you not, it works. I assume a heat gun or home oven or toaster oven would suffice, as most people don't have access to a powder coat line. Anyway, feeling pretty good about it and thought I'd share. Attempt at your own risk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz