LG G4, battery issues and green LED after accidentally entering updating firmware screen. How can I fix this?

A

AC Question

LG G4, battery issues and green LED after accidentally entering updating firmware screeen

Hi,

I have an LG G4 which I only bought a couple of months ago.

So yesterday, my battery died at some point in the evening. When I got in bed and plugged it into my charger, the screen showed "updating firmware". A progress bar was on 0% and it said don't remove USB.
I googled this last night on my laptop and it appeared I had accidently entered this mode by holding the volume up button as I plugged the charger in.

It appeared to be frozen on this screen. I got it back to normal by taking the battery out and putting it back in again.

I'm noticing some weird behaviour ever since. Last night, I turned on "show battery percentage" for the first time. Last night, the battery was 9% but it wasn't in the charger for long so I doubt it got that high. It also seemed stuck on 9% and wouldn't go down.

This morning, when I woke after a charge overnight, it said 100%. After an hour, it was still on 100%. I turned the phone off and on again, and it then said 80%. Several hours have passed now. I have used the phone a bit, I've turned it off and on again a few times, and its still stuck on 80%.

I tried downloading a battery percentage app, and this is also stuck on 80%.

Also... if I turn the screen on with a double tap to the screen, the green LED comes on and stays on, even after the screen goes off. If I turn the screen on by pressing the button on the back, then it doesn't do this.

Can someone help with this please? Is a factory reset likely to help? I'd rather not do a factory reset but will if it'll fix it. Was it likely caused by the firmware thing? Can anyone tell me what I've actually done? Will some software have been wiped?

Thanks in advance. Really appreciate any help with getting it back to normal. I only got this phone after losing my Xperia Z3 to a scam, really hope I'm not about to lose a second! But probably not that severe... right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: LG G4, battery issues and green LED after accidentally entering updating firmware screeen

Welcome to Android Central! Try recalibrating the battery sensor by charging up to 100%, then using it normally until it shuts off from low battery. Charge up to 100% again, and repeat the cycle 3 times. Then see if the battery sensor is more accurate.

jfast

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG G4, battery issues and green LED after accidentally entering updating firmware screeen

Hi,

just came from google in this old thread.
My G4 has exactly the same behavior: high battery drain, solid green led always on and sometimes boots in firmware update mode.

Did you find a solution?

thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01