Silence email notifications?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't want to turn off notifications for new emails (I use the stock app), just the audible tone...it it possible to silence the tone but still get the notification on top of the screen icon?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There should be a Notifications option in the Settings of your e-mail app that lets you select the ringtone used for incoming notifications. There, select the ringtone as SILENT (usually at the very top of the list).

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
There should be a Notifications option in the Settings of your e-mail app that lets you select the ringtone used for incoming notifications. There, select the ringtone as SILENT (usually at the very top of the list).

Perfect! Thanks SpookDroid...pathway for anyone else trying this is open email app Inbox, hit the three dot drop down list in upper right corner, choose Settings > Account (email client) > Notifications, and uncheck the box Display New Email Notifications. Gets rid of the audible alert, but new email counter still show on top of the email app icon.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think disabling that option also removes notifications from the status bar. If you want to keep that, you can leave it checked with the notification sound set to silent like SpookDroid said. Here's my setup showing a silent mode while keeping a visual notification. I just wish they would add a feature to use the notification LED as well with the screen off.

Attachments

• 1449691487126.jpg
    1449691487126.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 11

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I think disabling that option also removes notifications from the status bar. If you want to keep that, you can leave it checked with the notification sound set to silent like SpookDroid said. Here's my setup showing a silent mode while keeping a visual notification. I just wish they would add a feature to use the notification LED as well with the screen off.

That's actually better, thanks...I didn't notice "Silent". Kept looking for Off or None:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca