lg g4s manufactured before September have a defect

russ8128

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly what happened to me. Was on a business trip in multiple locations so I couldn't get a replacement sent to me until I got home. I always travel with a back up device (I had a Sony Z2 that was "waterproof" that I used for beach/pool excursions). Was told it was a motherboard issue but didn't really follow up. Never had any issues before and there was no warning at all. T-Mobile was great in trying to assist me. BTW mine was the early release phones. The replacement G4 is fine. Still happy with the phone....

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Verizon version since October and the only issue I'm having is erratic touch screen response. Not enough to tempt warranty roulette, but otherwise ok. The warranty date code in the About Phone info is listed as May, but not sure if that's the manufacture date.

Thankfully I decided to get the extended warranty after reading this. Every phone seems to have a peculiar issue that's wide spread, even if it's not affecting the majority of the phones. For a few bucks a month, I have warranty for the life of the phone. Normally extended warranties are considered a waste of money, but I think this is a case where the chances of a problem are high enough to make it worth doing.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
The Warranty date code on my VZ G4 is 10/30/2015 but the phone was manufactured 05/2015 according to the box it came in.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
My AT&T G4 with serial number starting in 505 died on me this past week. I was listening to tunes and it just spontaneously went into the boot loop. Tried factory reset and nothing would stop it from looping. Now it won't power on at all. Completely unresponsive.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
My AT&T G4 with serial number starting in 505 died on me this past week. I was listening to tunes and it just spontaneously went into the boot loop. Tried factory reset and nothing would stop it from looping. Now it won't power on at all. Completely unresponsive.

Welcome to the club man. Hopefully AT&T takes care of you like T-Mobile did for me. I can't remember what their policy's are able replacing devices.

804hokie

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
This defect is concerning, but does it affect VzW LG G4s, as well? Both my new one and the like-new replacement when I had micro usb port issues, were manufactured in May. Hoping I don't find my device bricked.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
so far my VZ G4 is just fine. Manufacture date 052/015 . No problems at all, and it took the update to 13B with no issues. Humming along ...great phone! ...er hand held computer

mylgt1

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Got my T-Mobile h-811 the first day it was available online, build date 5/15 with build number Lmy47d and software version H81110n, and have not had any issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
My vz g4 died out if the blue with no indication. Was perfectly fine and died in the middle of sending a text with no indication at all. So yeah, i suppose vz is also affected in some cases

textig

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
My wife charged her Sprint LG G4 last night and turned it on. It said up on the upper left of the screen "secure boot error 1007". So we turned it off and it wouldn't power on anymore. Chatted with Sprint tech support online and they didn't know what was wrong and said to take it to the Sprint store. I went to the Sprint store and the technician Jonathan Ramos said that the LG G4 from June to September had a bad motherboard. They are sending us a replacement.
By chance would anyone know how to get the pictures off of the internal memory?

Inspgadget113

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Add me to the list. I was using mine before bed 2 nights ago, plugged it in for the night and woke up to a completely dead G4. No screen, no booting, absolutely nothing. Battery was fully charged and even tried my wife's battery from her G4. Swapped USB cords etc. Brought it to Telus where the guy played with it for 30 minutes but he couldn't get anything from it either. Had to send it away yesterday and it will be back in 15 days or so.

Im Broken

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
AT&T did right by me. I got a brand new device shipped to me under warranty. The serial starts with 511 which means it was built in November but it still says HW revision 1.0 . I'm restoring it right now. I can say it gets way hotter than the other one did under load. When I would restore my old one it would get warm. This one has some hotness to it. Not gonna sweat it just thought it was interesting.

L0N35T4R

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine was made in May and purchased within a few weeks of it being released. No issues here

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine was made in May and purchased within a few weeks of it being released. No issues here

Hate to say it but I've seen many, including myself say the same thing only to be hit by the issue not long after. It's like they built a self destruct timer in there. Hopefully you ll have more luck.

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine died on Saturday the same way. Manufactured 5/15. Hardware version 1.0. Got replacement refurb yesterday. Manufactured 5/15. Hardware version 1.0 as well. Hope the same thing does not happen. Really want a V10 but need to wait a few months for a price drop.

Manulous

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine reverted to the boot loop less than a month ago. AT&T replaced it through warranty. The refurbished one I received sometimes loses connection to WiFi.