02-13-2016 10:09 AM
181 1234 ...
tools
    sure. then never upgrade your software, apps, or handset until it breaks
    I actually have several apps I refuse to update due to reviews pointing to problems with it, or changes I don't like. Nothing wrong with holding off on anything until you make sure you're willing to update by your choice and not having it forced on you with no way to roll back.
    12-21-2015 07:28 PM
    That's why I use a phone exclusively.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-21-2015 07:30 PM
    That's why I use a phone exclusively.

What?
    12-22-2015 08:32 AM
    What?
    lol.. a FLIP phone exclusively.
    12-22-2015 08:55 AM
    lol.. a FLIP phone exclusively.
    Oh ha
    12-22-2015 10:35 AM
    The update is bullcrap, haven't recieved mine yet either

12-22-2015 05:03 PM
    Yeah, I'm disappointed in LG... It wasn't long ago that LG announced that they were going to be the first to release MM to non-nexus phones. So, wow...does a handful of EU countries make that a legitimate claim? I think not. c'mon LG get it together!

David
    12-22-2015 07:01 PM
    Yeah, I'm disappointed in LG... It wasn't long ago that LG announced that they were going to be the first to release MM to non-nexus phones. So, wow...does a handful of EU countries make that a legitimate claim? I think not. c'mon LG get it together!

David
    Well, LG, after an initial hiccup, did get it rolling out to the 815s. At this point, it's in the hands of the carriers.
    12-22-2015 08:06 PM

David
    Blame the carriers not LG. They have had the update for quite some time.

That being said I would love for a manufacturer to finally stand up to a carrier and just say "no" to carrier customization. Apple does it. These manufacturers don't see that it hurts their brand when stuff like this arises.
    TNCattleDog and pearly86 like this.
    12-22-2015 10:17 PM
    Blame the carriers not LG. They have had the update for quite some time.

That being said I would love for a manufacturer to finally stand up to a carrier and just say "no" to carrier customization. Apple does it. These manufacturers don't see that it hurts their brand when stuff like this arises.
    +1

12-22-2015 11:03 PM
    I just got a pop-up notice that the update is available but I'm going to wait until I'm home tonight and connected to my Wi-Fi to download/install it.
    12-23-2015 10:59 AM
    I'm on Verizon but I am still curious how the battery is on mm. If you could let us know if it better or worse.
    12-23-2015 11:02 AM
    I just got a pop-up notice that the update is available but I'm going to wait until I'm home tonight and connected to my Wi-Fi to download/install it.
    Alright! An actual sighting! Will look forward to hearing back from you.
    oneformula likes this.
    12-23-2015 11:51 AM
    I decided not to wait and am installing it now...
    oneformula likes this.
    12-23-2015 11:58 AM
    I just received my marshmallow update on sprint

12-23-2015 12:07 PM
    I just installed it on Sprint. We'll see how it works.

12-23-2015 12:09 PM
    MM installed!

Attached Thumbnails Sprint LG G4 Marshmallow incoming-36428.jpg  
    oneformula likes this.
    12-23-2015 12:26 PM
    Sprint LG G4 Marshmallow incoming-screenshot_2015-12-23-13-29-23.jpg
    oneformula likes this.
    12-23-2015 12:35 PM
    2 things that I don't like about it so far:

1) They locked down the hidden menu used to enable dun to allow wi-fi tethering. I guess I'll go back to fox-fi.
    2) The app manager is terrible when it comes to moving apps to the micro SD card.
    12-23-2015 01:10 PM

1) They locked down the hidden menu used to enable dun to allow wi-fi tethering. I guess I'll go back to fox-fi.
    2) The app manager is terrible when it comes to moving apps to the micro SD card.
    1) http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post4874008
    2) LG is adding app2sd support back in the next point release - there's a thread over on xda claiming that they are testing the new release in the Korea market at the moment.
    12-23-2015 01:32 PM
    I just received my marshmallow update on sprint

NICE!!! someone got it, now i believe! it is a Christmas miracle!
    12-23-2015 02:23 PM
    Dang. I "rooted" my phone using the first process that came out, and can't do an OTA. I really need to invest the time and energy into researching a safe method to undo that process so I can be back to factory and receive OTAs. In all honesty, I didn't really gain anything with the root (yes, I know I gained admin access). In fact, my Hyundai Bluelink application would not launch on the phone, specifically stating that it would not do so on a rooted device. That really surprised me. Likewise, our newest corporate e-mail software checks if your phone is rooted, and your account is suspended if it is (that was a corporate decision, so in this case I just say the heck with you corporate overlords, call me if you need me).
    12-23-2015 02:24 PM
    Dang. I "rooted" my phone using the first process that came out, and can't do an OTA. I really need to invest the time and energy into researching a safe method to undo that process so I can be back to factory and receive OTAs. In all honesty, I didn't really gain anything with the root (yes, I know I gained admin access). In fact, my Hyundai Bluelink application would not launch on the phone, specifically stating that it would not do so on a rooted device. That really surprised me. Likewise, our newest corporate e-mail software checks if your phone is rooted, and your account is suspended if it is (that was a corporate decision, so in this case I just say the heck with you corporate overlords, call me if you need me).
    Root cloak should be able to hide root from that Hyundai app so that it will work.

If you want to keep root, you could just wait for a rooted image to be put up on XDA.

I'm guessing you used the DD method to flash the rooted system image? If so, you can use the same method to unroot by just flashing a stock unrooted system image. Just make sure the version matches up.
    dungoyle likes this.
    12-23-2015 04:25 PM

Ughhh about wifi.

Are there instructions out there how to get fox-fi setup?

Got my update but haven't installed it yet.
    12-24-2015 07:31 AM
    Any other thoughts on marshmallow from those who have installed it?
    12-24-2015 07:47 AM
181 1234 ...