01-02-2016 12:23 AM
    Working fine now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2016 12:52 AM
    Its not worth it
    Why is it not worth it?
    01-02-2016 01:31 AM
    Why is it not worth it?
    How can downgrading from Lollipop to Marshmallow be worth it? Battery life is terrible
    01-02-2016 01:33 AM
    I'm lost. You are upgrading not downgrading. But I keep hearing battery life sucks the big one
    01-02-2016 01:34 AM
    I'm lost. You are upgrading not downgrading. But I keep hearing battery life sucks the big one
    Im on marshmallow but it was more of a downgrade. Thats what i call it due to battery performance. It just sucks
    01-02-2016 05:34 AM
    Why is it not worth it?
    My phone is running beautifully on LP, I'm probably going to block it from installing.
    01-02-2016 06:33 AM
    Battery life does suck with M.

I don't want to have to do a factory data reset, but fear I'm going to have to in order to see if it will turn this thing around.
    01-02-2016 08:49 AM
    Sorry that it seems I'm the only one posting in this thread... Is everyone one else happy and not having any issues with M?

Wondering if any of you have noticed if the temperature calibration of your battery seems to be incorrect?

I run my screen at 50% without auto brightness. My battery shoots up to 100° or more just by using the phone. Turn the screen off and 5 minutes later is back into the 80's. When using it in my car for navigation it shot up to 115°. But, when I took it off my mount, it didn't feel that hot. I actually took my case and back of the phone off and physically touched the battery. Sure it felt warm, but no way did it feel like 115°.

Just curious if Marshmallow for the G4 (at least Sprint's release) , might have a bug in it.
    I have been on M for 2 weeks now and battery life is better for me, imo. The phone is much more snappy and I run my brightness at 100% all the time. For those with battery issues, just give it time to settle.

jhilker and Mikey47 like this.
    01-02-2016 09:30 AM
    Ever since I got the update my LG G4 has lost over an hour of run time phone last and 2 1/3 as opposed to close to for on lollipop and taking over 5hrs to charge, I knew a shouldn't have upgraded...

01-02-2016 01:39 PM
    I have been on M for 2 weeks now and battery life is better for me, imo. The phone is much more snappy and I run my brightness at 100% all the time. For those with battery issues, just give it time to settle.

Lol, we go from having patience of waiting to get the update to patience of waiting for the battery life to settle down.

This morning I shut my phone down and remove the battery for 10 minutes and it seems much better today.

I also reset all my stats on GSam Battery Monitor to see what my numbers actually are on M.
    01-02-2016 03:09 PM
    Lol, we go from having patience of waiting to get the update to patience of waiting for the battery life to settle down.
    Then the patience of wanting the next update. :rolleyes:
    01-02-2016 04:25 PM
    In Boston Ma and still no mm update on my lg g4. They started pushing it out on the 17th. This is rediculous already.

01-02-2016 06:15 PM
    What's the hurry for mm? To get bad battery life?
    gendo667, Inders99 and Mikey47 like this.
    01-02-2016 07:15 PM
    i don't get bad battery life with mm
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-03-2016 01:16 AM
    In Boston Ma and still no mm update on my lg g4. They started pushing it out on the 17th. This is rediculous already.

why don't you dl the OTA update? no need to wait.
    01-03-2016 01:17 AM
    I am guessing if battery life is bad most should do a reset. Most major updates can have issues. I say this since devices on MM from the get go do not have this issue and usually see very good battery life.
    01-03-2016 04:23 AM
    +1
    my Nexus 7 (razorg) has significantly improved battery life on MM, but I expect that Google spent a long time optimizing the code for Nexus devices (and of course they have the advantage of in-house development and testing for those).

On the G4 I would say it's about the same or slightly better than on LP, definitely not far worse as some have been saying. I think those negative experiences must have something to do with certain apps that have issues on MM, or certain configurations / use cases.

Remember that many (even popular) apps have not been optimized for the latest MM APIs yet. Many of the issues you might be experiencing are neither in the hands of LG nor Google but of app developers.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    01-03-2016 07:09 AM
    Remember that many (even popular) apps have not been optimized for the latest MM APIs yet. Many of the issues you might be experiencing are neither in the hands of LG nor Google but of app developers.
    I would suspect the same thing, but the top four apps using battery are under the control of Google. Why does logd show up so high? It never showed up on Lollipop at all. I am wondering if LG forgot to turn off some debugging code?
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint LG G4 Marshmallow incoming-1451842113411.jpg  
    caffeinated pants likes this.
    01-03-2016 11:28 AM
    It appears the logd issue has been resolved for the international version of the LG G4: https://m.reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments...d_using_up_20/

But it appears this setting doesn't exist on our sprint version. 😢
    caffeinated pants likes this.
    01-03-2016 12:29 PM
    How do i do the OTA update.

01-03-2016 07:42 PM
    How do i do the OTA update.

if you have the OTA, just accept it. if not, you can DL it here:
    [RESTORE][TOT][OFFICIAL][M] Sprint LG LS991 … | Sprint LG G4
    01-03-2016 07:52 PM
    Its completly safe downloading it like that.

01-04-2016 06:46 AM
    Everyone has a different experience. Some might be good others suck. I want MM because I know if I have any problems I can FR. If that doesn't work it's on the carrier for adding bloat and screwing up what worked at Google. I have AT&T so a little longer to wait but like I said it's a downgrade for some but for the rest of us it's new software that can and will have bugs sometimes. Can't say its not worth it for everyone.

scotty729 likes this.
    01-04-2016 08:00 AM
    OK, something new to report....and it doesn't seem good.

Wondering if anyone else who is having issues with battery life on MM is using a Quick Charge charger (and conversely, those who are NOT having issues are NOT using a QC charger)?

I have verified this three times with my Sprint G4 running MM:

Shut phone down, take battery out for several minutes, replace battery, restart phone -- everything works fine. Battery drains "normally" (4% per hour with screen off, obviously more when using, but turning screen off goes back down to around 4% per hour drain), battery maintains a "normal" temperature pattern (goes up a little when screen on, goes down to about 10 deg F above room temperature when screen off). GSam shows "logd" process as present, but is pretty low -- between 1 and 2 percent of battery usage.

Plug in QC charger -- phone shows "fast charging" let phone charge (doesn't necessarily have to hit 100%), remove from charger. Now battery drains much faster with screen off (around 10% per hour drain), battery temperature above normal (seems to hover around mid 90 deg F to low 100 deg F). GSam shows "logd" process really creeping up in percentage of usage, seems to range around 4% (but have seen it as high as 10%).

The only thing that can get the phone back to "normal" is shutting down and removing the battery.

I've verified this with both of my QC chargers (both are Aukey, one is a wall charger and one is an automobile charger).

Thoughts?
    01-04-2016 11:40 AM
181 ... 34567 ...