Sprint LG G4 Marshmallow incoming

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just updated mine. First thing I noticed opening the LG mail app is that the check boxes to multi-select emails are gone. ??????

I delete many more emails than I read, so now have to delete them one-by-one. ??????

i didn't notice that.... but i swipe to the side to delete, so it is very quick to delete 5 or 8 at a time

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just updated mine. First thing I noticed opening the LG mail app is that the check boxes to multi-select emails are gone. 😢

I delete many more emails than I read, so now have to delete them one-by-one. 😢

Welcome to the Verizon users' world. They did away with that with the last LP update. I'm in the same boat, largely because of this site no less, and there's two options for us at least. Either long press an email in the list to bring up the select boxes, or press the menu button and use the select option.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't know why, but I really like that it now lets you know that it is fast charging with a qc 2.0 charger.

But it still seems like it throttles the charge when it heats up,wish they would relax that restriction.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
That would destroy the battery and could possibly bring it to the point of ignition.
Hurt the battery, maybe. Bring it to the point of ignition, not likely. Lithium batteries can handle pretty high temps before that becomes an issue. But I do agree with Mikey that LG is overly aggressive with the temp throttling. Mine starts to slow the charge around 90°F, which is barely warm for a battery. At that point, it charges so slow that using it can cause it to loose power while plugged in. My M8 wouldn't throttle until about 120°F. The G4 battery should be able to handle that as well, and would allow for faster charging... Or to at least keep up with use of the phone.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hurt the battery, maybe. Bring it to the point of ignition, not likely. Lithium batteries can handle pretty high temps before that becomes an issue. But I do agree with Mikey that LG is overly aggressive with the temp throttling. Mine starts to slow the charge around 90°F, which is barely warm for a battery. At that point, it charges so slow that using it can cause it to loose power while plugged in. My M8 wouldn't throttle until about 120°F. The G4 battery should be able to handle that as well, and would allow for faster charging... Or to at least keep up with use of the phone.

THIS!

I had Waze running and the temp was right around 97° F. It was charging at about 5% per hour. Of course with the screen on and detailed GPS I don't expect 90% per hour, but I expect better than 5.

As for exploding? I think you're exaggerating a little, sure too hot could cause problems but not at 100° F.

Geoffrey

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree, "exploding" is highly improbable. (But Lithium batteries have been seen to do so, hoverboard-like.)

I also agree that LG could (and should) be more aggressive in their charging curve. I would even be willing to sacrifice some battery life for significant reduction in charging time.

Anywho... to get this thread back on track.... I am loosing my patience waiting to receive MM! I am at the point that every day that goes by is reducing my goodwill towards Sprint.

G-

Posted on my LG G4 via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Anywho... to get this thread back on track.... I am loosing my patience waiting to receive MM! I am at the point that every day that goes by is reducing my goodwill towards Sprint.
I'd look at it this way: The longer it takes for you to get it, the more time you have to see what other people's experiences are with the update to see if you even want it. I've been burned too many times with updates that screw something up and no longer take one until I've had a chance to read up on how it's gone with other users. ;)

oneformula

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
i prefer the slow charge when the battery is WARM, let alone hot. i have two batteries and i want them to perform well.

yes, even 95F will degrade the battery over time.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Initial impression is the battery burns down more quickly. Doze seems to work even if your phone is plugged into the charger. Battery Monitor Widget keeps stopping in the background.

Is Doze really just a "task killer" or is it smarter than that ?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry that it seems I'm the only one posting in this thread... Is everyone one else happy and not having any issues with M?

Wondering if any of you have noticed if the temperature calibration of your battery seems to be incorrect?

I run my screen at 50% without auto brightness. My battery shoots up to 100° or more just by using the phone. Turn the screen off and 5 minutes later is back into the 80's. When using it in my car for navigation it shot up to 115°. But, when I took it off my mount, it didn't feel that hot. I actually took my case and back of the phone off and physically touched the battery. Sure it felt warm, but no way did it feel like 115°.

Just curious if Marshmallow for the G4 (at least Sprint's release) , might have a bug in it.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Initial impression is the battery burns down more quickly. Doze seems to work even if your phone is plugged into the charger. Battery Monitor Widget keeps stopping in the background.

Is Doze really just a "task killer" or is it smarter than that ?
I don't think many of us have gotten marshmallow yet. I'm still patiently waiting...

scotty729

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Yea still waiting here also, just having a hard time wrapping my head around it taking this damn long to receive the update. But I am hoping that I get it very soon so I can see if it was worth the wait. My phone is very good on 5.1 but it would be very nice to be current. I honestly don't recall it taking this long to go from the previous version to 5.1, it was a pretty fast rollout. Come on sprint I would love some marshmallow lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2