Sprint LG G4 Marshmallow incoming

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery life does suck with M.

I don't want to have to do a factory data reset, but fear I'm going to have to in order to see if it will turn this thing around.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Sorry that it seems I'm the only one posting in this thread... Is everyone one else happy and not having any issues with M?

Wondering if any of you have noticed if the temperature calibration of your battery seems to be incorrect?

I run my screen at 50% without auto brightness. My battery shoots up to 100° or more just by using the phone. Turn the screen off and 5 minutes later is back into the 80's. When using it in my car for navigation it shot up to 115°. But, when I took it off my mount, it didn't feel that hot. I actually took my case and back of the phone off and physically touched the battery. Sure it felt warm, but no way did it feel like 115°.

Just curious if Marshmallow for the G4 (at least Sprint's release) , might have a bug in it.

I have been on M for 2 weeks now and battery life is better for me, imo. The phone is much more snappy and I run my brightness at 100% all the time. For those with battery issues, just give it time to settle.

Posted via the Android Central App

odarellmc

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I got the update my LG G4 has lost over an hour of run time phone last and 2 1/3 as opposed to close to for on lollipop and taking over 5hrs to charge, I knew a shouldn't have upgraded...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been on M for 2 weeks now and battery life is better for me, imo. The phone is much more snappy and I run my brightness at 100% all the time. For those with battery issues, just give it time to settle.

Lol, we go from having patience of waiting to get the update to patience of waiting for the battery life to settle down.

This morning I shut my phone down and remove the battery for 10 minutes and it seems much better today.

I also reset all my stats on GSam Battery Monitor to see what my numbers actually are on M.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
In Boston Ma and still no mm update on my lg g4. They started pushing it out on the 17th. This is rediculous already.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
What's the hurry for mm? To get bad battery life?

I am guessing if battery life is bad most should do a reset. Most major updates can have issues. I say this since devices on MM from the get go do not have this issue and usually see very good battery life.

caffeinated pants

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
+1
my Nexus 7 (razorg) has significantly improved battery life on MM, but I expect that Google spent a long time optimizing the code for Nexus devices (and of course they have the advantage of in-house development and testing for those).

On the G4 I would say it's about the same or slightly better than on LP, definitely not far worse as some have been saying. I think those negative experiences must have something to do with certain apps that have issues on MM, or certain configurations / use cases.

Remember that many (even popular) apps have not been optimized for the latest MM APIs yet. Many of the issues you might be experiencing are neither in the hands of LG nor Google but of app developers.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Remember that many (even popular) apps have not been optimized for the latest MM APIs yet. Many of the issues you might be experiencing are neither in the hands of LG nor Google but of app developers.

I would suspect the same thing, but the top four apps using battery are under the control of Google. Why does logd show up so high? It never showed up on Lollipop at all. I am wondering if LG forgot to turn off some debugging code?

Attachments

• 1451842113411.jpg
    1451842113411.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 66