No email on wi-fi

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey Everyone - I have a V10 (since Friday, Verizon) and posted this in the V10 forum, but checking here to see if anyone had this issue...

When wi-fi is on, I don't get Gmail. If I turn wi-fi off I will get an email the instant someone sends it.

Wi-fi is set to stay awake when the phone is in stand-by, no power saving is enabled and no power saving apps have been installed. I factory reset the phone when I got it.

I checked all my Google account sync settings and they are fine.

I do have BlueMail installed for another email account. That works fine. In fact, if I send an email to my Gmail address, and one to my Blue Mail email account, the Blue Mail client will get the email, but nothing in Gmail. One I double tap the screen to wake the phone up, the Gmail will come in. I tried uninstalling BlueMail to see if that was causing an issue, and I get the same results.

So am I missing a setting somewhere, or can anyone suggest something else to try?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Does this happen on any wi-fi network, or just one?

I tried it at someone else's house and it does the same thing as it does at home. I even tried another wireless router to see if that would change things and it didn't.

I think the wi-fi might be messed up in the phone. Sometimes when I start an app like Fenix, it won't refresh; it just hangs. Or when I type in a URL for a website, it kind of hangs for 10 seconds or so before it "kicks in" and goes out and gets the page. This only happens on wi-fi.

I did a FDR last night, left everything stock, didn't install any apps and still get the same results. Google recommended doing things like turning sync off and on a few times and stuff like that. I think it helped because there's still a 2 minute delay or so, but the email does come in now. Maybe it just needs to "settle in" a bit.

I might have Verizon send me out another phone just so I can compare and make sure it's ok.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unless you're absolutely certain no 3rd party apps automatically installed after the FDR, try Safe Mode.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Same issue in safe mode. But, I saw a thread about others having wifi issues and disabling IPv6 on the router. I did that and everything works fine now. Emails come through instantly. Hopefully LG fixes it in the next update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge