Why won't my LG G4 turn back on?

A

AC Question

LG G4 won't turn back on

So I have had my AT&T G4 since last June and it's worked perfectly fine. Suddenly tonight as I was just watching YouTube my phone froze and shut down. I tried taking out the battery and it won't turn back on at all. The LG screen shows up and then it loops a bit before going dark and the power button won't work. Not until I replace the battery again. And the cycle begins anew. Sometimes the white AT&T screen shows, but still nothing. Once I got it to a screen that was optimizing apps I think. But that quickly failed.

I haven't factory reset yet because I do not want to loose my information and I don't know if I even have a back up. I don't know what to do and I can't be without my phone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG G4 won't turn back on

It may be worth trying a new battery.
Also, have you contacted LG customer support for advice?

Sanddeath

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site

Trust me it isn't the battery. I have two. And I haven't contacted them yet because all levels they will do is wipe the phone and fix it after two weeks. And I need my phone for a trip in early Jan.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

Your phone is bricked. Get it exchanged. This is a somewhat common problem for any G4 manufactured before September.

Wiping and doing a factory reset will NOT fix it.

Go into your carrier store, explain the problem, and have them ship you a new phone.

Sanddeath

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Well I a getting a new one shipped. Just now worried about my apps and contacts. I have the SD card, but I don't ever recall backing it up or if I had it set to do so. I can't even get the same phone on long enough to be able to back it up.

Is there any way to back it up from a computer when it's stuck in this hopeless bootloop?

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Your phone is bricked. Get it exchanged. This is a somewhat common problem for any G4 manufactured before September.

Wiping and doing a factory reset will NOT fix it.

Go into your carrier store, explain the problem, and have them ship you a new phone.

What carrier are u on? Had to send mine to LG since VZW refused to issue a new phone /recognize this is a problem even though there are tons of posts etc about it across the web. So much for customer service.

Posted via the Android Central App

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

What carrier are u on? Had to send mine to VZW since they refused to issue a new phone /recognize this is a problem even though there are tons of posts etc about it across the web. So much for customer service.

T-Mobile. My friend and I didn't get any hassle. I came in, told them what happened, and the guy ordered me a new one and then instructed me to send my old back once the new one came.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile. My friend and I didn't get any hassle. I came in, told them what happened, and the guy ordered me a new one and then instructed me to send my old back once the new one came.

Okay I figured Sprint or Tmo as they appear to be the only two acknowledging the problem. Wonder if anyone on Big Red had any success getting a new one through them rather than getting a refurb or having to send it to LG like I did.

Kinda pissed off this is seemingly being covered up..especially considering I lost a bunch of pics/vids of my newborn :(

Elisa Flores

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
This is very true, the carrier should replace. I had this same issue last summer and Sprint gave me a new one. the new one did the same thing this past week and I went into Sprint again and they said, yes its happening again and they could replace BUT they are all on back order and no ETA on when I could get another one and if it would be a G4 or G5. Im so done with LG after my contract is over is 11 months.

lawrence889

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
i got pissed off and threw my phone at the wall and found out knocking the battery out like that fixes it for a little while try doing that till the battery falls out then try and turn it on hopefully youll have enough time to back everything up then i did this twise now and it stayed on for a few seconds both times and gave me a chance to make sure i have my stuff backed up i had the same problem today just 3 hours after you did and it pissed me off because i never had any problem with this phone before and i had it for a long time and all my old phones before it messed up way before this one did but atleast with the other ones they were still semi usable now im just stuck without a phone

hassaan ahmed1200

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. i have factory reset it and even installed completely new software at the repair shop but apparently it is hardware related and it requires an IC change. but there is still no guarantee that it will work. and even if it works the problem may come back in a week.

bellasam198

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
What carrier are u on? Had to send mine to LG since VZW refused to issue a new phone /recognize this is a problem even though there are tons of posts etc about it across the web. So much for customer service.

My phone just shut off on me while i was on fb took it in to verison and they said they couldent/ wouldent do anything beacuse i had a crack in my screen can i talk to some one else to get a replacement if so who and how