Security updates?

Tbill4

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember hearing several weeks ago that LG had committed to monthly security updates. Since then I've heard nothing more, and certainly haven't received any security updates? What's the real deal ?

jcastilloalonso

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess they just did the pledge to be on the front page and decided it made no sense to really do it and hope everybody forgot they pledged in the first place :(

Bodagu

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm stuck with November 2015 security update... No December and now January security update or update to 6.0.1 :( ...I'm switched from HTC One series to LG but I see that update software it's suck on LG :(

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Android is known to be pretty secure out of the gate. The only security specific update I've ever seen was for Stage Fright. So I guess that begs the question: Is LG dropping the ball, or is there just no need for an update right now? Sure, there's a potential for vulnerabilities when rooting, using pirated apps, etc, but I don't expect the manufacturers to protect people from being stupid.

I don't pay much attention to this side of things, so that's why I asked.

cribble2k

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm stuck with November 2015 security update... No December and now January security update or update to 6.0.1 :( ...I'm switched from HTC One series to LG but I see that update software it's suck on LG :(

Lucky.

I'm still on 5.1. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any OS updates since I bought this phone 6 months ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bodagu

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Android is known to be pretty secure out of the gate. The only security specific update I've ever seen was for Stage Fright. So I guess that begs the question: Is LG dropping the ball, or is there just no need for an update right now? Sure, there's a potential for vulnerabilities when rooting, using pirated apps, etc, but I don't expect the manufacturers to protect people from being stupid.
I don't pay much attention to this side of things, so that's why I asked.
It 's like buying a car that provides service for a period of two years but he and offers . What matter if it fails or has some problems? It is important that you bought ... That is apparent from what you say. When I bought this phone I chose between an Edge S6 and G4 . I relied on what they said those from LG - will provide monthly support for two years ! I knew that Samsung 's stingy with the updates , but even those have monthly updates . So when I went to buy something I go for a lie?!

Tbill4

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Good for you; I didn't receive a November security update. In fact, haven't received one at all since LG announced they would be providing monthly updates. I really like the phone and plan to hold onto it for a while. But promises made and not kept will go a long way toward decidingf what phone I buy when I'm ready to replace the G4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463