Can't get my LG G4 to work with Miracast/Screen mirroring with my Sony BDP-S5200 Blu-ray

Viet_Vet

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Soooooo, here is my issue:

I have an LG G4 running Android 5.1 and a Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray player (2015 Model). I live in the boondocks, with no cable or DSL for internet. Basically, my phone is my internet. I have been using a Droid Ultra for months to perform screen mirroring so that I can watch my phone apps (Crackle, Hulu, etc) on my big screen.

A week ago, I upgraded my cell phone from the Droid Ultra to a new LG G4. Since upgrading, I have not been able to use miracast. I turn on the "Screen mirroring" on my Blu-ray player, then go to my phone and turn on miracast. G4 searches and finds the Blu-ray, I tap on it to start, and it shows on both the phone and the Blu-ray that it is connecting. After about 30 seconds or so of watching the "connecting" dialogue, I get a message on the TV screen stating "Communications with Wi-Fi compatible device was disconnected". It won't connect at all, meaning the connection is never established, so it is not connecting and the dropping the connection. I never see the phone screen on my TV.

I have reset the Blu-ray player to factory defaults, and still cannot connect. I installed the software update to the blu-ray and tried again.... no luck. I even took the phone back to Verizon and got another new G4 phone, thinking maybe my phone was defective.

It worked with my Motorola Droid, as well as my friends LG G3. Does anyone out there have a G4 phone and a BDP-S5200 blu-ray that work with Miracast?

I'd really need this to work so I can watch my shows. Thanks in advance for your help.

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Anybody? Any suggestions? H E L P !!!!

Don't know a lot about this, but is your Sony seeing your G4 at all? It almost sounds like a problem with either the BR player not finding your phone, or the handshake between the two which allows communication between the two.

Another thought would be make your G4 a Hotspot and connect your BR player to it via WiFi. I would assume data is data and would use the same as a screen mirroring method.

Last edited:

Roo1961

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

I have an LG G4 running Android 5.1 and a Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray player (2015 Model). I live in the boondocks, with no cable or DSL for internet. Basically, my phone is my internet. I have been using a Droid Ultra for months to perform screen mirroring so that I can watch my phone apps (Crackle, Hulu, etc) on my big screen.

A week ago, I upgraded my cell phone from the Droid Ultra to a new LG G4. Since upgrading, I have not been able to use miracast. I turn on the "Screen mirroring" on my Blu-ray player, then go to my phone and turn on miracast. G4 searches and finds the Blu-ray, I tap on it to start, and it shows on both the phone and the Blu-ray that it is connecting. After about 30 seconds or so of watching the "connecting" dialogue, I get a message on the TV screen stating "Communications with Wi-Fi compatible device was disconnected". It won't connect at all, meaning the connection is never established, so it is not connecting and the dropping the connection. I never see the phone screen on my TV.

I have reset the Blu-ray player to factory defaults, and still cannot connect. I installed the software update to the blu-ray and tried again.... no luck. I even took the phone back to Verizon and got another new G4 phone, thinking maybe my phone was defective.

It worked with my Motorola Droid, as well as my friends LG G3. Does anyone out there have a G4 phone and a BDP-S5200 blu-ray that work with Miracast?

I'd really need this to work so I can watch my shows. Thanks in advance for your help.

Did you ever find a solution to this? I just got an LG G5 and have the same problem. My Samsung worked fine when mirroring.

Last edited by a moderator:

scgiri

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site

Hi Viet,
Even im facing the same issue connecting my LG V30+ mobile with Sony Home Theatre model HTIV300...Have found any solution...if so pls let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol