Why aren't my LG G4 smart settings working properly?

A

AC Question

LG G4 smart settings not working properly

I have my smart settings set to have WIFI turned on in the house along with Blutooth and phone data. I also have synced the blutooth to my car so the phone can be connected automatically.

However, each time I get into my car the phone is not synced because the blutooth button on my phone is turned off. I have to manually turn the blutooth button on in my "settings" folder each time and then the car will sync up. I have the same problem with my wifi button on my phone. I want it set to on in the house but off whenever I leave the house. Instead, Wifi is still on when I leave the house but the blutooth is off.

The smart settings are turned on and my home location has been set, but they just aren't working. I've set and reset the smart settings several times as well as deleted and resynced the settings on my car. No improvement.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG G4 smart settings not working properly

Mod Note, I will move this to the g4 forum for more visibility

Jacob_1982

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Have had the G4 since release, and was never once able to get the Smart Settings to work. Eventually just turned it off. You can use other apps (like Tasker) to do all of these things much better, though with a slight learning curve.

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I've never had any issues...just a thought. What "location mode" setting is your phone on? Mine is set to High Accuracy (GPS and networks). Not sure if that helps. In regards to your bluetooth, do you have your smart settings to turn off bluetooth when away from home? May be the reason why it's not syncing with your car. I'm not sure a phone will automatically turn on bluetooth for a vehicle or a device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke