voice to text problem

Lizmo623

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
I have a lg g4. When you say a sentence and it doesnt pick up exactly what you said correctly, you are able to click on the word or words and 3 or 4 choices would pop up and you could click the correct word or phrase... My phone no longer does that. Also if you misspelled a word it used to work the same. Now all i get is the 2 to 3 choices in the bar right above the numbers, which doesnt even give any good options. Is there a setting that somehow unchecked itself that im not seeing? Ive looked through all my settings and restarted my phone numerous times. Also, just using the stock google / lg keyboard
Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a lg g4. When you say a sentence and it doesnt pick up exactly what you said correctly, you are able to click on the word or words and 3 or 4 choices would pop up and you could click the correct word or phrase... My phone no longer does that. Also if you misspelled a word it used to work the same. Now all i get is the 2 to 3 choices in the bar right above the numbers, which doesnt even give any good options. Is there a setting that somehow unchecked itself that im not seeing? Ive looked through all my settings and restarted my phone numerous times. Also, just using the stock google / lg keyboard
Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try downloading and installing Google Keyboard from the Play Store. It does a lot better than most stock keyboards.

Lizmo623

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Well... it works again. I did nothing different I don't understand.
I hope yours starts working again too!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I've given up on voice to text and voice commands. These phones can't even dial a number in my contacts list without messing it up via voice commands. It's a feature that's come a long way but still needs a lot of development to be reliable IMO. It has to be an incredibly difficult undertaking considering the challenges and the variations of the way people speak but for every day reliable use I've given up.