As the title says:

This LG ringtone is in my music list in VLC. It's not the end of the world since it's only a second long*, and therefore might just bleep once in a shuffled play of the library, but it's a bit untidy and strange. How do I prevent this happening?

* oh no they're not, they're huge! These things turn out to be minutes long each... noooooooo

They appear to be protected files, as VLC's Delete does nothing to them. I'm not sure I want to go that route anyway since they're probably used by the system for various things. Is this a question I should send to VLC's makers instead? Or is there I way I can sort this out myself?
    01-27-2016 09:52 AM
    storage/preload/lg is where you will find the files.
    DCTF likes this.
    01-27-2016 11:56 AM
    Sounds like VLC was a bit aggressive when it scanned your phone for playable files and included the "system" folders in its scanning.

Removing it from the playlist or library should not be that hard.
    DCTF likes this.
    01-27-2016 03:33 PM
    Thanks Patcal and ManiacJoe - I'll back them up somewhere just in case and delete them via my PC, I guess. VLC doesn't seem to be able to eliminate files from Shuffle play in the library, and I guess it doesn't have the permissions to delete the files from the LG system folders.
    01-27-2016 07:53 PM
    Seems like what you want to do is remove the files from the playlist, then do a shuffle-play on the playlist.
    01-28-2016 06:06 PM
    Sorry if you tried this I'm relatively new to Android but have u put a .nomedia file in there?
    01-30-2016 03:03 PM
    Sorry if you tried this I'm relatively new to Android but have u put a .nomedia file in there?
    No, but it's no longer an issue. I switched to Shuttle+, which is a great dedicated music player, and now I just use VLC for video.
    01-31-2016 11:47 AM