Just for MM. Pretty disappointed.

Inspgadget113

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
So Telus released Marshmallow last night. I can't believe I waited months for this. I see very little difference from Lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

jkayakj

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
With manufacturer skins you wont see that much with updates , most of the updated stuff is behind the scenes though like the deep sleep and app permissions controls

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If you read about the MM update, you'd see it has new features and performance enhancements. Was there something you thought to expect but didnt get?

legin111

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
So far my telus update to MM is very stable. I did however notice that it's much smoother all around. Telus did a good job in that my battery isn't dead in 6-8 hrs. It has been normal so far. I'm still getting around 18 hrs with 4+ hrs SOT

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
No real point to update to MM if it causes instability to your G4.

Or any phone for that matter. Even iPhones have issues after a wide roll out.

I'll reserve my judgment after I update. IF I ever get to update lol

kraze4u

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I have the unlocked international version and I haven't received an update notice myself. But I'll most likely stay with lollipop for the time being.

DCTF

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
It certainly doesn't feel like a generational jump yet, but maybe silent features like Doze will take a while longer to show their usefulness.

I'm fairly happy with it except that 6.0 has a number of problems with deep storage management apps and the format function. Although Format is still shown as an option for SD cards, it actually goes to 20%, sticks, and crashes leaving the card appearing to be corrupted. Windows couldn't do a thing with it until I borrowed a friend's SD reader to reformat it. If you look in the store for the top storage manager apps, all say they cannot work with 6.0.

It seems to be a potential security issue that's caused this situation, and Google has temporarily shut off parts of the OS's operation to avoid any problems. That's obviously for the best, but it means we'll be waiting for a while until some functions return.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech