LG G4 Battery dying rapidly over the last 3 days

tgeorgiou

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I cant recall downloading any new apps within the last 3 days, but my phones battery dies very quickly now and gets hot as well. Even when I don't use the phone frequently. ALso the phone is running rather sluggish and lagging.

When I go into battery usage it says the screen has taken up 27% even though the brightness is only on 40%.. Google play services has taken up 17% and android system and android OS 7% each.

Anyway of sorting downloaded apps by date to see if one was downloaded or updated within the past few days?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Google play services should never be that high. If you click on it, I'm guessing it will show quite a bit of keep awake time. Basically your phone isn't sleeping.

You can go in and clear cache for Google play services and Google play store and see if can get it to settle down.

tgeorgiou

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Google play services should never be that high. If you click on it, I'm guessing it will show quite a bit of keep awake time. Basically your phone isn't sleeping.

You can go in and clear cache for Google play services and Google play store and see if can get it to settle down.

Ok thanks, just tried that. We'll see how it goes.
I have battery guru installed and it has the inactivity boost and it does show that after an hour of inactivity the phone does use the inactivity boost sleep mode.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The other question is how low you let the battery go before recharging. Drawing the last bit of power out of a lithium battery every time can kill it in less than 6 months. (It should never be allowed to drop lower than 40%.)

tgeorgiou

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I do try and charge before it gets too low. Usually on a normal day the battery will last me all day and ill still have 30% or so left.

I cleared all the cache up and turned my phone off and on so ill see if that helps at all. If not, I do have a new battery that came with the phone as a promotion so I will try swapping the battery out and see if it still drains. If it does then its something with the actual phone or the good services/OS

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I do try and charge before it gets too low. Usually on a normal day the battery will last me all day and ill still have 30% or so left.

I cleared all the cache up and turned my phone off and on so ill see if that helps at all. If not, I do have a new battery that came with the phone as a promotion so I will try swapping the battery out and see if it still drains. If it does then its something with the actual phone or the good services/OS

Your battery isn't dying because of the way you use it. Never letting your battery % drop below 40% is highly unrealistic for most people. If that was an issue for every single battery, I would kill the battery in every phone I have had in 6 months. I almost always charge my phone under 40% and I have yet to notice a perceivable change in battery quality from day 1.

Google play services should never be at 17%. It is running rogue. It happens sometimes.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you enable the hidden ‘Access Lock’ permission manager? If yes, it might be related.

I cant recall downloading any new apps within the last 3 days, but my phones battery dies very quickly now and gets hot as well. Even when I don't use the phone frequently. ALso the phone is running rather sluggish and lagging.

When I go into battery usage it says the screen has taken up 27% even though the brightness is only on 40%.. Google play services has taken up 17% and android system and android OS 7% each.

Anyway of sorting downloaded apps by date to see if one was downloaded or updated within the past few days?

tgeorgiou

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
So I cleared the cache from most apps and google play. Today its a little better. It didn't completely die on me. Its at 43% and its been off the charger for about 16 hours now although 4-5 of those hours I was asleep so it wasn't in use.

The screen has taken 25% battery no big surprise. Google play is still a little high at 14%.Idle, stand by, OS and android system all 7%.

Where is hidden access lock?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12