Android 6.0 OTA for LG G4 OTA update UK

Mark Bennett5

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Just informing that I got a message on my G4 this morning OTA that the Marshmallow update was available to download. Yet to install it. Am on EE in the UK.

Posted via the Android Central App

tgjosund

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Got the same yesterday for Telenor Norway.

Installed it, and haven't had any issues thus far. And battery does seem to be having a good time as well. However we all know that one day is not sufficient for a good analysis on this G4.

Took me 3 months before it actually started being very stable. Has been getting gradually better. And then the update came along, so hoping that it will remain.

Mark Bennett5

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Just installed, so hard to say. Probably need much more time to see how it is working, but it seems fine. I also uninstalled Facebook and Facebook messenger as it appears to slow down my phone at the moment. Phone not running hot, at least not more so than after any update.

I use Nova and this seems to be fine. No apparent changes in performance good or bad overall. There are one or two very slight changes to the appearance of the OS, such as the current apps screen now having my home screen background on it. Aside from that nothing to really let me know that I am on Marshmallow.

But I suppose we were expecting that. Smart Notice still doesn't work properly when I switched to the LG Home. It downloaded a weather theme but can't see any changes to weather widget.

Will update as I explore more, and on performance.

blademael

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
The battery life is now crap. I'm at 20% despite hardly using it today. I used to be able to go all day and still have 40-odd% left.

I haven't noticed any changes to the performance.

For my phone, the battery will last mutch longer since the update.

Posted via the Android Central App and my LG G4

Mark Bennett5

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
No issues with the battery so far at all. Performance seems a little better. For example the notification shade seems to move much more fluidly. Google Now on Tap is a bit odd. It does work, but it seems to be a bit unstable as it opens. Nothing huge, but annoying. Overall, it is a bit of a let down in the sense that I was expecting more from a new generation OS so to speak. I was certainly hoping that LG might have seen fit to improve upon their Home Launcher...but it is the same.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
This was a Google OS update, not an LG UI update. Home launcher would be the same of course. It's not like Apple where the whole phone changes with a new version. Android has multiple company skins.

fonejacker77

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Anyone know how to stop the "priority only" message on my lock screen and the system tray when I'm on priority (which is almost all the time)?
This is really bugging me. I know when my phone is in this mode and I don't need to be told.

runtall

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I noticed a considerable increase in battery usage for the first 2 days of upgrading to 6.0 but I think this has begun to slow down today. There were several apps which didn't work mainly because it is necessary to give permissions before they can function. I couldn't get Lux to work until I'd deleted it and then reinstalled it. Get used to the phrase "Permit drawing over other apps"...what ever it means.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21