Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    I have to either swipe down the notification area and click on it or click on it on the file manager. Weird. On lollipop 5.1 btw.
    HaboobZ and 804hokie like this.
    02-06-2016 02:12 AM
    Happens to me too. Then randomly they'll show up. I haven't been able to time exactly how long it takes, because I just give up and screenshot the photo (if I'm intending to share it) instead.
    804hokie likes this.
    02-06-2016 02:26 AM
    Gallery looks in Media Scanner's database to see what files to display. (Otherwise every time you ran Gallery it would have to stop everything to scan the entire phone for files.)

Taking a picture triggers Media Scanner to add the picture to the database. Recording a video or sound file triggers it. Downloading or copying a file doesn't trigger it. So Gallery isn't aware that you downloaded or copied that file. You can restart the phone to rerun Media Scanner, or you can install media.Re.Scan and make it rescan any time you change things (like downloading a media file). It's free, it does the job nicely and it works with KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow. (And it doesn't use any resources except for 8MB of storage unless you're running it.)
    HaboobZ and 804hokie like this.
    02-06-2016 09:08 PM
    Gallery looks in Media Scanner's database to see what files to display. (Otherwise every time you ran Gallery it would have to stop everything to scan the entire phone for files.)

Taking a picture triggers Media Scanner to add the picture to the database. Recording a video or sound file triggers it. Downloading or copying a file doesn't trigger it. So Gallery isn't aware that you downloaded or copied that file. You can restart the phone to rerun Media Scanner, or you can install media.Re.Scan and make it rescan any time you change things (like downloading a media file). It's free, it does the job nicely and it works with KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow. (And it doesn't use any resources except for 8MB of storage unless you're running it.)
    I'm sorry but shouldn't it just show the downloaded picture? A few days ago it was just fine with downloaded pictures and then this problem suddenly comes up. I don't want to go through this hassle with a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
    02-07-2016 01:51 AM
    I'm sorry but shouldn't it just show the downloaded picture? A few days ago it was just fine with downloaded pictures and then this problem suddenly comes up. I don't want to go through this hassle with a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place.
    Alternatively, you could download a picture viewer that acts more like you want it to.
    02-07-2016 02:51 PM
    after updating to 6.0 I STILL HAVE THIS BUG
    02-21-2016 02:40 AM
    after updating to 6.0 I STILL HAVE THIS BUG
    As do I.

Though, I did download MediaScan per a previous post and just run that whenever I download a photo. Though, I wish I could find a way to prevent Pandora from creating a photo and placing it in my gallery - I don't see the point of a music program doing that. If I delete, it just comes back.

03-01-2016 09:51 AM
    Are you using Chrome? I've noticed this problem too for a while, and I just downloaded an image I wanted to share NOW, but nothing appeared so I searched and found this thread. Understanding the problem I tried the stock browser instead of chrome and tada! 2 copies appeared, it appears the update also found the one downloaded by chrome.

However, before I tried taking a photo to trigger an update, but it appears it didn't update the download folder then.

So this appears to be a chrome bug, chrome should request an update once the image has completed downloading.
    03-30-2016 09:25 AM
    Go to settings>app manager>all>media manager>clear data>force stop then restart ur phone that one worked for me
    05-04-2016 06:29 PM

Downloading or copying a file doesn't trigger it. So Gallery isn't aware that you downloaded or copied that file.
    My downloads show up in Gallery under albums with all of my androids.
    Attached Thumbnails Saved/downloaded pictures don't appear in gallery?-1462406111682.jpg  
    05-04-2016 06:55 PM
    Problem sloved (Gallery doesn't popup images after MARSHMALLOW update)
    Hey guys just try this
    (1) Eject SD card from your phone
    (2) connect it to PC using card reader
    (3) search for " .hide " file in your SD card
    (4) Delete this file
    (5) Insert SD card in your phone...

Enjoy your gallery.... 😉😉😉😉
    06-10-2016 12:37 PM
    Y downloaded images not appear in gallary
    12-31-2016 11:57 PM
    Nice of you to post this but we shouldn't have to go through all this BS just to access our photos
    07-14-2017 06:08 AM
    Hey guys! I had this happen to me today and I found out what it was. You disabled google play services. Go to application manager, and allow google play services the access to notifications! Now you can download pictures and have it show.
    08-03-2017 12:42 PM
    Go to the App settings for Chrome under phone settings, tick box to give this app access to your phone storage. Fixed :] Hauwei P Smart... Pics downloaded now appear!
    03-07-2018 12:10 AM
    Do Not need to download these additional apps I've seen suggested. I just followed the advice, go to app manager, Chrome & Google play services (Not sure which was Actually the winner lol),go to permission on that app & turn on STORAGE, Make sure to then restart and tada it works perfect now!
    04-20-2018 09:27 AM
    Problem sloved (Gallery doesn't popup images after MARSHMALLOW update)
    Hey guys just try this
    (1) Eject SD card from your phone
    (2) connect it to PC using card reader
    (3) search for " .hide " file in your SD card
    (4) Delete this file
    (5) Insert SD card in your phone...

Enjoy your gallery.... ������������������������
    I tried all that and everything else anybody mentioned on here. Nothing seemed to work. Then I switched to Bing.com and downloaded a picture. It asked me to allow Chrome Access to storage on device, I did and it worked! Now I have no problem downloading and viewing any image.
    06-11-2018 07:54 PM
    They might be found here file:///storage/emulated/0/Download/
    06-18-2018 11:32 AM
    Hi yeah this is happening to me too and I've tried all of the options people have said and it's still not working, not only that but the images aren't even showing up in my download file in my phone. Im really confused and need these images for school purposes.
    06-27-2018 09:00 PM
    I've done everything that all these groups have said to do yet my I still can't find my photos. I've noticed more than anything that when I try and save photos from and app it doesn't work for example like Pinterest or photogrid says the image had been downloaded but can't find them anywhere. I always have to just end up screenshotting everything but that's very inconvenient and annoying.
    02-21-2019 12:19 AM
    If you created a .nomedia file, try deleting it. (you can move it to a PC temporarily to see if this works)
    03-24-2019 03:12 PM

Yeah, but who wants to resestart every time, Mr. Chow?
    05-25-2019 02:00 PM
    I'm late to this thread, but if many or all of you are using the Google search app (not Chrome) to download images, then you have to go to Settings>Apps, select Google, then Permissions, and make sure Storage permission is turned on. If it's not turned on, then downloaded images go to a protected system directory called /document that can only be accessed by the Google app itself. If the permission is turned on, then they get downloaded to the user-accessible /Download directory.
    05-25-2019 11:07 PM