LG G4 TMobile USA Marshmallow update

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I plan on using the hell out of my phone today just to see how the battery lasts. So far so good! Also, quite snappy in the speed department as far as responsiveness goes.

Posted via the Android Central App

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
It's only been a day, but Marshmallow almost makes me wanna keep my G4. Trouble is I'm already on a referb and I just don't trust it. Sucks, I love this phone.

momo662

Banned
Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It's only been a day, but Marshmallow almost makes me wanna keep my G4. Trouble is I'm already on a referb and I just don't trust it. Sucks, I love this phone.
Marshmallow almost makes me wanna dump my G4........because I didn't get the update yet!!!!!!!! I might as well trade it in and get a new phone with MM already loaded.
:-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to unchecked autobrightness and have it go back to a predetermined setting? Having to mess with the brightness all the time is a bit annoying.

fatproduce

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
So I have received the MM update and rebooted to install twice and gotten the Android error message both times. I am waiting for the OTA to show up in my phone again (as it now says that it is up to date on Lollipop) so I can try LG Bridge to see if that works. Before mow LG Bridge says that it is up to date. Needless to say it is quite frustrating that an OTA simply refuses to install. Btw i am completely stock.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to unchecked autobrightness and have it go back to a predetermined setting? Having to mess with the brightness all the time is a bit annoying.

I am also noticing the new "auto" setting is way brighter than I like. Hmm... If you uncheck it and set it manually that is a pain!

Kebero

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife's G4 has the OTA notification. This and my Priv are our first Android devices. Any advice before I start the update tonight?

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you have a good charge. Mine was at 100% and I woke up with about 70%. Use use LG Backup in case you need to factory reset. Sometimes with the updates, things can kinda be janky at firsts. It's super simple if you've never done one.

missmotta

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Marshmallow update:

installed a few days ago with no problems and great battery life. Woke up today with a phone that's heating up for no reason, can't see any apps draining or anything that seems odd. Looks like I'll have to try a factory reset after all. It did update a bunch of bloat ware apps that I had disabled before the update and maybe that's part of The problem.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Marshmallow update:

installed a few days ago with no problems and great battery life. Woke up today with a phone that's heating up for no reason, can't see any apps draining or anything that seems odd. Looks like I'll have to try a factory reset after all. It did update a bunch of bloat ware apps that I had disabled before the update and maybe that's part of The problem.

Yeah, I had to disable everything too. Hopefully the factory reset will fix things.

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
When I was calling my wife I noticed there was an option for video call. I tried but said it was not available. She has an iPhone 5c. It this something new? How do I get it to work? I have MM already.
Be both have T-mobile.

Happy_Gilmore_1

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Anyone having wifi speed issues? My Wifi connection and speed are fine however it seems my device is slow to relay the information. My G4 was much quicker prior to the update.

HernanC88

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Anyone having wifi speed issues? My Wifi connection and speed are fine however it seems my device is slow to relay the information. My G4 was much quicker prior to the update.

Same thing here. Especially with Google maps and play store.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I got it finally this morning when I woke up. As soon as it installed and everything was working, I immediately did a HARD reset and restored from my backup. It took over an hour (I have too many apps....LOLOL). Restoring killed my battery from 100% to 5% in less than an hour. But that was expected. I charged it to 100% (quicker than Lollipop) and it seems to keep a charge better.

My only warning would be to NOT update the LG apps until after you do a hard reset. I didn't and it gave me a warning saying that some files might not restore correctly because of an old version of LG backup. It didn't seem to fail on any restore.

After I restored and rebooted my phone, I then updated everything........seems like it is good to go!

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine literally downloaded the update restarted like a normal update and then failed to update just restarted like normal and now it isn't showing an update available for download and my phone stills says Android 5.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463