I was just playing around and found out the square "recent apps" button doubles as a menu button for whatever app you're in. Just long press it to pull up the app's menu. It may also act as a side swipe for apps with windows that are pulled in from the side. I haven't tried it on all of my apps, but so far the only one it didn't work on was Weather Bug (neither for a settings menu or to pull in the side window).

I know it may not be much, but I've not seen mention of it anywhere before. I found it handy for one handed use so I'm not reaching all the way to the top or left side with my thumb.
    02-12-2016 11:32 AM
    Not specifically mentioned for the LG G4, but yeah, it's been out there. And I'm pretty sure it must have been mentioned in an OS review or something... Anyway, nice find on your own. I do feel these things should be better documented, although we're used to not reading manuals anyway...
    The Samsung Galaxy S5 still has a menu button, it's just hidden | Android Central
    The LG G3 has a menu button; here's where to find it | Android Central
    02-12-2016 12:20 PM
    And I'm pretty sure it must have been mentioned in an OS review or something...
    It may be, but I didn't even see it on the few G4 specific tips and tricks type articles I read.
    02-12-2016 01:03 PM
    I guess it's because it had been around for a while they assume that we all go into these new devices knowing how the OS works now. But still, there should be at least a quick tutorial on each device to show you the 'hidden' stuff. At least a quick reference.

I think this change was introduced in Kit Kat, with the exception of a few stubborn manufacturers (I'm looking at you, Samsung) that took a while to change their button layout, so it's quite 'old'. Personally, I prefer to have the Menu button and keep the multitasking as a shortcut either in the menu button or the home button or any other button.
    02-12-2016 01:15 PM
    Thanks. I did no know that.

Pat
    02-12-2016 02:21 PM