Verizon Marshmallow Incoming Today 2/16

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Both my original and warranty roulette replacement (yay boot loop) had bugs with system apps. The camera app would act like I had done an app data reset every so often. When I open it, I'm prompted to select geo tagging again, it's changed to jpg only when it should be set to jpeg+ RAW, etc. Google Play will occasionally act like there's no connection when on mobile data, and require a cache wipe to fix.

For those that updated AND had those bugs, did they get fixed in MM? Being this early, I understand it may be too soon to tell. It's about the only reason I'd want to update. I'm not really interested in doze or adoptable storage.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Installed it a bit ago and I've noticed that the 4GLTE is lit back up when on WiFi again and the up/down arrows light up every now and again.

Liked it better when it was off when WiFi was on... now I'm not sure if it's still trying to use data while on WiFi.

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Installation went smoothly without any problems.

It took a while to find in settings the "Doze" feature in order to set it to be ignored for certain apps that I always want to run in the background. I found it under "Ignore optimizations" (it isn't called Doze) after pressing on Battery Usage. This feature potentially can lessen battery depletion during longer stretches when your phone is stationary and not being used. It shuts down all unnecessary background programs that waste your battery, , but allows you to override the feature for apps you check off that you want always to run.. I hope this feature works as well with my G4 as it did with my Nexus 7. This feature alone was worth the MM upgrade for my Nexus 7, making a major improvement in battery life during down times.

Posted via Android Central App

So sense its not called Doze, is the Ignore Optimizations working the same as Doze??? Im yet the phone run down.

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I did the upgrade last night. Went pretty smooth. The only difficulty was that after the upgrade, PowerAmp would not recognize the music on my micro SD card. After a rescan it pulled in the music files from internal memory but not the micro SD. I uninstalled PowerAmp and reinstalled, no joy still not seeing the micro SD. Unmounted , removed and reinserted the micro SD and bingo my entire music collection was again available.
Overnight my battery lost only about 3% (from 95% to 92%) and the touch response seems to be better. Pleased so far.

nickg0413

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Did the update on my LG G3 today. Completely wiped my SD card so now I no longer have my music stored locally on my phone...what a pain in the rear!!

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Installed it a bit ago and I've noticed that the 4GLTE is lit back up when on WiFi again and the up/down arrows light up every now and again.

Liked it better when it was off when WiFi was on... now I'm not sure if it's still trying to use data while on WiFi.

Not sure why it does this but my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 does this as well. It isn't using any Data, which is good but it is confusing. Can't figure out how to eliminate that either. Maybe it's a Vzw thing.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Not sure why it does this but my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 does this as well. It isn't using any Data, which is good but it is confusing. Can't figure out how to eliminate that either. Maybe it's a Vzw thing.

Yeah. It did it after their first update, which included the wifi notification bug. Then fixed it with the next update (November?) and it showed the 4G/3G symbols grayed out. Now it's back on, but without the wifi notification bug at least.

Chilll

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like you have data and wifi on at the same time.Only data shows 4G LTE...did you check it in settings and make sure its off .

robav

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hence one of the reasons I left Verizon and never looked back. Been a "no longer loyal and royally screwed customer" for over 5 years now.

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like you have data and wifi on at the same time.Only data shows 4G LTE...did you check it in settings and make sure its off .

I shouldn't need to turn off data when I turn WiFi on. Previously it would shutdown LTE when connected to WiFi without me having to turn data off, which I won't do, because I need it as soon as I leave the WiFi connection.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Did the update on my LG G3 today. Completely wiped my SD card so now I no longer have my music stored locally on my phone...what a pain in the rear!!

So you are saying that the update to MM on your G3 just wiped your external SD card? Everything went fine with the update and it just wiped your SD card for no reason?

I feel like there is some missing information here. Crazy things happen but this seems way out there.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So you are saying that the update to MM on your G3 just wiped your external SD card? Everything went fine with the update and it just wiped your SD card for no reason?

I feel like there is some missing information here. Crazy things happen but this seems way out there.

My wife's Note 3 had an update come through a while back that did the same thing. It completely reset the phone and wiped the SD card. Once up and running, it operated fine. So now I always take the SD card out before performing an update or FDR. It's not supposed to wipe the SD card, but it can happen.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife's Note 3 had an update come through a while back that did the same thing. It completely reset the phone and wiped the SD card. Once up and running, it operated fine. So now I always take the SD card out before performing an update or FDR. It's not supposed to wipe the SD card, but it can happen.

Well if the update glitched and reset the phone and wiped the internal storage as well, then yeah, I could see it wiping external since it wasn't supposed to FDR the phone. But that's not what was said in the post I quoted.