Update killed my battery

medic078

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I had great battery life before the update, and recharging took no time at all. Batt life is terrible now and takes forever to recharge!...... Help anyone??

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Post extensive screen shots (all in one post) of battery usage.

Something is most likely running rogue, either an app or a service inside Android OS.

On one of my G4s, WiFi calling started killing the battery after the update. Turned off WiFi calling and everything is good. We don't use WiFi calling so no need to have it on and just turning it off saved me from troubleshooting further.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I really hate these post. The update did not kill your battery life, you have a program that is not working correctly. 6.0 gives you even MORE tools to track it down and shut it down, the fact that people are coming here posting without even using them is insulting. Why upgrade if you don't intend to use any of the new stuff?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I really hate these post. The update did not kill your battery life, you have a program that is not working correctly. 6.0 gives you even MORE tools to track it down and shut it down, the fact that people are coming here posting without even using them is insulting. Why upgrade if you don't intend to use any of the new stuff?

I don't see a problem at all. This is what happens when we're a beta test for an update roll-out (which we all are like it or not). The update changed the manner in which his phone was operating. Yes you can tweak it back but roll-outs should be seamless. There are plenty of threads on here now with members asking for help since the MM update requires trouble shooting some aspects of the phones. This is the exact reason I'm sticking with Lolipop.

And why do we "have" to use the new stuff when many were content with the old? Sometimes we just want our phones to work...not too much to ask for IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21