How does one update Verizon G4 to Marshmallow while travelling in Europe for 3 months?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am on a 3-month trip in Europe. (have 2 and half more months to go)

I'm carrying my Verizon G4 and using it on a German prepaid GSM SIM card.(only getting 3G, but it's fine)

How can I update my Verizon G4 to Marshmallow which just came out yesterday?

With my Samsung Verizon Note 4 or Verizon Note 5, I only need to use the Samsung software installed on my laptop and download the latest update to the phones. Does LG have similar software for Windows laptops?

Thanks!

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Going out on a limb here, check for updates when on wifi?

been checking every few hours since someone here first reported the he successfully downloaded and installed the Verizon G4 MM update...

Doesn't LG have some kind of software like the Samsung KIES? With KIES, I just hook up my old Note 4 or current Note 5 to my laptop and it lets me know if there are update.(and download/install them if I want)

HaboobZ

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Don't believe VZW does. LG Bridge doesn't work with the VZW G4 - at least I never could get it to work (and read others couldn't either) way back when it first was out.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Frankly I wouldn't be concerned about the upgrade until you return home. There really is nothing so compelling in the upgrade to have it in Europe

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Frankly I wouldn't be concerned about the upgrade until you return home. There really is nothing so compelling in the upgrade to have it in Europe

There is a 70/30 chance that my trip to Europe will be permanent... in which case my VZW G4 will never come back to the US. :(

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't believe VZW does. LG Bridge doesn't work with the VZW G4 - at least I never could get it to work (and read others couldn't either) way back when it first was out.

LG Bridge definitely doesn't work with the Verizon version of G4. What possible reason does Verizon have for disabling this? I can't think of any... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12