After Sprint bug fixes to MM update - screen won't come on sometimes

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
After getting the latest Sprint bug fixes update to MM, about 1/3 of the time, I can't wake my phone. Pushing the power button doesn't turn on the screen. Sometimes if I alternate between long and short presses on the power button, it will eventually wake. Other times I can't wake it at all. When this happens, the only reliable way to wake the phone is to plug it into a power cable. This always turns the screen on. I've cleared the cache partition, but that didn't do any good. Is anyone else experiencing anything like this or have any suggestions? This problem only started after getting the latest update.

Thank you!

rckymtntim

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this issue on Verizon that I updated on Wednesday. I did a factory reset Thursday and the problem is still there. If we don't hear anything here I might another reset.

Titus37

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've been researching this more and I think the problem is related to the proximity sensor. I have a glass screen protector that does not have a cutout for the proximity sensor. This has never been a problem up until now. I guess they tweaked something with the latest update.

To those who responded, I'm glad to see I'm not alone. What kind of screen protector do you have?

rckymtntim

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what screen protector I have but it doesn't have the cut out. Mine also worked fine prior to the MM update. Funny thing is my wife and I have the same screen protectors and same case. She doesn't have this problem.

rckymtntim

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I removed my glass screen protector and still have this problem. It might be time for a chat with LG. Has anybody found a solution for this yet?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol